View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Reporting in and working out (Vera) 

Post Reporting in and working out (Vera)
Kite knelt on the floor in front of Vera's desk, having come to deliver her scheduled report, primarily on the activities of the student council, but likewise to inform her Mistress of her own projects' status. Ordinarily, simply kneeling in silence this long would probably be cause for some sort of reprimand, but things had been interrupted by a phonecall. She was listening, of course, but it made little sense only hearing one half of it, though it could be something to puzzle upon for amusement. It was good that it could now be a source of amusement when she had required correction a few weeks earlier, Mistress having asked why Analyzer still adamantly referred to her only as 'Miss Matsumoto' still while Sword and Kitten used more intimate, and more intense honourifics. The answer of 'You instructed me to call you Miss Matsumoto, and have not amended this instruction. Do you wish to?' had apparently not been a satisfactory answer.

Still, time to reflect on things was not entirely time wasted. No one, except perhaps those who would be upset that she no longer spent several hours each night deep in the forest or up by the cliffs or down on the beach looking for an excuse to "protect" someone, would deny that she had thrived under Vera's collar. Sword didn't know how she felt about the fact she'd been seen coming and going from the tower often enough for people to realize she was reporting to the Head Girl, and so hadn't had to 'self-defense' anyone in quite some time. Though, at least as much of that could be because she and Portman the Younger (a nickname used solely and completely for the purposes of stirring Camryn to medium fury) had sparred a few times for training during the day, as well, and such things tend to be noticed.

But in time the phonecall came to an end, and Analyzer felt their Mistress's attention upon her once more. "To continue, the event management division of the student council has mostly stabilized, with one small issue. While the various clubs each have their screenings at meetings, a few members of council have been adamant about the fact that if they wish to hold a film festival of sorts, they actually do require the relevant permits from the license holders of the movies and shows they would like to screen. Others are of the opinion that it doesn't matter, and the island is remote enough that what the license holders don't know won't hurt them, and they have to get anything they're screening from the campus's video library anyway. The latter group are in fact entirely correct from a sophistrial and logistical perspective, as indeed, except for 'locally produced' content in the officially non-existent 'adult media' portion of the video library, it is a statistical impossibility that those whose permission they seek would be contacted. Despite this, i felt it appropriate to encourage them to speak with administration about the matter, and do not know whether the wiser course is to indicate that the video library's license authorizes them for screenings of any size upon the island, create some false letters of authorization to claim that their request was forwarded to the relevant corporations and approved or denied, or simply to reject the event outright."

"My own projects are proceeding smoothly, thankyou again, Mistress, for allowing me access to the engineering department's machine shop again." The CNC miller even remembered her, and locked out 'manual mode' rather than preprogrammed shape-cutting as soon as she got within arm's reach. After all, just about anything through which electrons could flow had at least one security AI program in it. Built the circuitboard yourself and made sure there couldn't be? Not to worry, some nanomachines will be deposited to house the AI as soon as your back is turned for a few minutes. "The spatial flux visualization aid should be complete within a few days' time, and as it has gotten closer, some of the teachers from the theoretical physics department have acknowledged the likelihood of its utility."

Kite knew full well that her Mistress could tell which of the three of her was in front at any given moment, even when she hadn't moved or said anything yet after a switch, she didn't know how, but she knew it was the case. Sword spoke, "Mia Regina, if i may... we've heard some disconcerting rumours of some students wanting to rebel against the school. i don' think the ones i've heard scheming are anything serious, none of them carry that... huntedness of students who've Seen but do not yet Know. An' shit, we both know what happens to anybody who Knows." It was a respectful tone of voice... for Sword, anyway. She did her language like she did nearly everything else, it came in cutting, blunt, or awkward silence. "But at the same time, when i was plotting stuff with our sisters, we didn't exactly advertise it, either." And cue the awkward silence part of things. After several long moments, Sword continued, "What i'm tryin to say, Mia Regina, is if someone DOES have the sort of serious hankering to get their vengeance on like the old days, you look like a much easier target than the Headmasters do. And the chip's in our head because it just ain't that hard for someone determined and resourceful to get armed in the short term, no matter how many Seekers are stalking them. ...A shiv up under the ribcage kills anybody human."

Sword looked up to make eye contact, "Mia Regina, if you meant it back then when you said maybe i should try to teach you some of how i fight as self defense, well.. i been thinkin about it, and i want to, if you want me to. We don't wanna lose you. Especially not to something stupid like i used to be."

Special Agent Delivery - An intensely customizible package

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:13 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Reporting in and working out (Vera)
Every week, each of her Prefects and/or slaves have their scheduled day to see their Mistress with their reports or other more personal intentions. Kite arrived right on time as always and immediately kneeled before the Head Girl to begin her report. The report was usually left to Analyzer as the woman's perfect memory could give the most accurate and thorough information. Vera was unconcerned how Analyzer called her by name rather than by title. It was still respectful enough while the other two personalities saw it fit to refer to her by a higher and more appropriate title.

Analyzer spoke until the phone rang. The slave knew that phones were only available to the staff and Head Girls so information could travel more quickly though most of it was done through email and messages these days. Vera gave a short apology before answering the phone and speaking to the staff member that called. If anything sensitive was being talked about, it was not being revealed by Vera's side of the conversation. She kept her replies short, giving only enough to appropriately respond to any questions or comments given from the other end of the line. After a few minutes, she hanged up the phone and asked Analyzer to continue.

Kite has been working close with the student council in organizing events. It was a minor task compared to the grander schemes of the island. But, keeping order on campus and improving the overall mood of the student body made it much easier to manipulate said students further down the line. It would displease the guests if every student became too depressed or unhappy with this place.

Usually every few weeks, a problem comes up in the council that requires Vera's judgement. It was not much of an issue. She was very grateful for Kite's participation in the meetings as it meant lifting at least some of the burden off the Head Girl's shoulders. This week's problem involved a film festival and possible copyright infringement. Kite recognized this was a minor issue when it came to this island. They were on a completely different planet so it was extremely unlikely anyone would know such a thing even happened much less have the ability to contact them. Of course, such fears of lawyers were perfectly understandable when it comes to copyright laws.

"I will inform the staff about this concern, my pet," Vera replied, "For now, you can inform the council that anything in the film library is free game and the necessary paper work has already been done through the school. You may suggest they give credit where credit is due at least in the beginning and/or end of said films." Simple enough. Giving the students a bit of freedom to create and manipulate what they wish may help keep spirits up. Maybe, they may even see her in a better light with the good news. Hmph, unlikely. Students were stubborn with their hatreds and jealousy.

As always, Analyzer had a particular order of operation for these reports. First was the student council then personal projects. Kite was still working on a proper model to help the physics department. The professors were no doubt pleased to have a student willing to put forth so much time and work into something that would help them and future students. Perhaps NICE labs will find use of it as well. Precautions were still being taken by the professors to ensure Kite did not use or take anything that she should not. Despite being tamed by the Head Girl, Shokushu was not going to take any risks regarding this particular student due to past events. Even with that, Kite thanked Vera nearly every week for allowing her this opportunity to work and have purpose again. Compared to other slaves, Kite's personalities were focused enough that it was relatively easy to keep them satisfied.

A sudden flare of emotion revealed Kite's transition from one personality to another. Sword had a more firey aura of aggressive emotions compared to the others. Analyzer tend to have a dull neutral aura while Kitten had a bright radiant aura of positive emotions. If it were not for Vera's empathy, the title that fell from Kite's lips was all the proof needed to know that it was Sword speaking. Sword was not for making speeches but, this was perhaps the closest the woman was going to get to one. Kite was trying hard to articulate each sentence to be straight to the point. With the exception of the curse that slipped out of Sword's mouth, the speech was delivered well enough. Vera had to wonder if Analyzer was helping Sword organize those thoughts for this moment. But, she would never claim such a thing. She treated each personality as an individual so she will consider this from Sword's heart and mouth only.

Sword was exagerating a little about the danger. It was doubtful any student had what it takes to just flip out or purposefully murder another student even if that student was a Head Girl. Still, attacks do happen on rare occasions. Vera had some skill in defensive martial arts which was usually enough to deal with some students. But, the break in at her suite and her inevitable chloroforming followed by being bound to the bed was still fresh on her mind. No one else would know the attack happened especially Sword. Though Sword was taught to only be drawn by Vera, it was unknown how she would react to someone violating her owner like that. Granted, the Head Girl could have fought back but it was unlikely she would have won. Vera's magic could easily subdue any student on campus but such things were forbidden except in the most extreme of circumstances.

While Juni certainly suffered a far greater loss in the end, it would ease Vera's mind a bit if she were better trained to defend herself in physical combat. Her previous tutor in such things had disappeared, leaving said slot open to be filled by this new teacher. Sword was willing to protect her no matter the cost. But like any weapon, they were not too useful if out of reach. Juni attacked when she was unable to draw her Sword. It pleased her that Sword was willing to take this next step in responsibility when the woman was reluctant before.

Vera beckoned Sword closer with a small gesture of the hand. Once closer, she stroked Kite's cheek like one would stroke a house pet. "You need not worry," the silver haired woman began, "I will not die at the hands of students. But, you are correct. I would like to be able to defend myself should situations arise that leave you out of my reach to call upon. I can set aside some time now if you like. Where would you like to take me and what should I change into? Please, take care of me, my precious slave."

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 pm

As she obeyed, and eagerly lay her cheek in Vera's hand, Sword certainly did not think she was exaggerating. She might not know many of the current students, but during her undergrad, there had been several who were more than capable of murder, not just her. And she knew the school itself had produced most of them. Most hadn't had, or needed, any special abilities beyond being more prone to anger than despair. All they had lacked was a visible target. The mysterious Headmasters were inaccessible. No, if you were going to see them, THEY would find YOU, on their terms, and if you were one of those who had Seen, you were not going to like their terms. Vera had an open door policy, and everyone Knew Where She Lived. Perhaps they didn't produce as many like that here anymore. Maybe got better at screening ragers from admission to keep the population more docile. But it only takes one. It only takes one where the memory blocks don't form, and hopelessness is an old, old friend that has lost all meaning. And she knew there was at least one who was looking for them, looking to sharpen them, to hone them, to convince them that they could be 'heroes'.

"It'd be easiest to use the gym, Mia Regina, but that would... be bad. It doesn't take all that much skill to be able to tell when someone's learning, and that would.. invite trouble." It was too easy to see it, just think how her old self would've reacted... and know the gym is the wrong place. A figure of authority visibly learning to fight? No. Other students wouldn't need to be anywhere near deranged enough to kill for that to cause problems. "Can't do the most important part there, anyway. Change into something that's easy to move in and you don't mind risking losing. We're going out into the woods. To-" She breaks off, the muscles of her face twitching sharply for a few seconds before calming again, a rueful chuckle, and a sharp sniffle to keep the trickle of blood from getting out of her nose. "Guess i can't actually SAY that. Weird, hasn't reacted to us going there. There's... a risk that we'll be interrupted, there. It's true such interruptions can happen anywhere, but.. moreso, there, Mia Regina. It is a tainted place."

Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:44 am
Profile YIM WWW

Vera's hand never stopped stroking as Kite decided on a more secluded place to train. If it were not for her empathic senses, she would have found this explanation a bit paranoid. But, Sword was just showing how much she wanted to protect her owner. The student was right though. She already knew at least one student who attempted to keep tabs on her activities as fruitless as such an endeavor was. The Head Girl would rather not show Juni that she was learning more self defense techniques. It would just give that poor student a reason to consider the intrusion a victory in some sense and Vera was not going to give that woman any glimmer of hope.

The silver haired woman could only look down upon her pet at the mention of some strange and hidden place that was supposedly very dangerous. Apparently the place was so dangerous that Kite was not even allowed to speak of it. The island certainly had its mysteries so it would not surprise Vera if this was a place she had never heard of much less visited before. It seemed to be alot of effort though. One would figure just going a bit deep into the woods would provide enough seclusion.

"You may change clothes if you wish," Vera said calmly as she rose to her feet. Fingers run through the woman's hair as she walked past her and towards her bedroom to change. Easy to move in and do not mind losing, that would be school uniform. But, she may as well change into something more appropriate for a trip to the woods. Some navy blue short shorts and a tight fitting black shirt would suffice along with some proper running shoes to walk in. Once prepared, she grabbed a leash from her closet to take with for her pet.

"Lead the way, Sword," the Head Girl offered. She would lock the door to her suite and let herself be led into the nearby forest. Once out of sight of campus, she would hook the leash to Kite's collar. Giving a slight tug, she let her slave lead her into these supposedly dangerous areas of the island. If they were attacked, Sword would protect her. She just hoped that drawing Sword does not become a necessity. Fighting the guests tends to goad them to just try harder to earn their prey.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:56 am

Sword wouldn't change clothes. While the bag had the compression suit she used for training, that most certainly did NOT count as 'willing to lose' which was why when they left Vera's suite, Kite's bag stayed right where it had been set down when she'd come in. She didn't say anything until they got well into the woods, until the sounds, and the lack of any that were not their own, said they were alone, save for the omnipresent watchers that recorded everything to the labs.

"Most students avoid this place, Mia Regina. They don't know why they do, they don't even come close enough to it to see it before something inside them warns them away." Sword smiles, pushing aside some undergrowth. They're well off the 'hiking tracks' cut through the forest for the Track&Field club. "That's why we're going there." Sword did have to wonder, whether or not Vera would feel it. The pressure against the self, the weight of time and time again of what had happened up ahead that warned the animal lurking behind the mind that this was a place of death. Sword felt it, and knew Analyzer did as well, and was blocking it from Kitten's awareness. But it was familiar. She'd spent a lot of time in this place. Doing all sorts of things.

In time, they reached a small clearing, open view of the sky, though the brush was thick enough that there was no way someone on one of the official paths would see in, or be seen. Not that those paths were remotely close by. Though aside from a few patches of bare earth, it would not physically appear remarkable, but if Vera felt the nature of the place, it would be all the stronger.

When Sword speaks, it is in a quiet, almost reverent tone, "Here... is where my sisters and i plotted our schemes, Mia Regina. There," Sword pointed at a bare patch at the base of a tree, "is the remains of a portal to a sealed room in the basement, which, as best as Analyzer could tell when we were doing the cataloging that Staloj interrupted, is still sealed. If it is, don't unseal it. What is there should stay buried, even here. ...And there," another bare patch, "is where the creator of that portal bled out when the four of us, me, Gin, Lor, Sol, blew his head off with an improvised acid bomb. On that tree, i was crucified, and bled to the edge of death. Where you now stand, was where my battle with Soth Guardian began that ended with me impaled on a device to tear apart souls, that ripped the Flame from us." Sword spread her arms expansively. "So many nights, so many 'guests', so many battles here. Every fluid which a body may contain, of whatever species, has been spilt upon this soil so many times that it screams of the pains it has known. And Mia Regina? It held this aura when i first found it. Before ever i or my sisters came to this island, let alone they having gone, others used this place as we used it, as a dark haven, whose poisoned air would keep the comparatively innocent from stumbling upon it and being caught up in their madness. In our madness. Here we sparred, and here we fought, and here we planned, and here we suffered, and here we killed, and here we died."

"We are here, because this place screams a truth that even on this island, most places only whisper. That few places on earth even whisper of, because it has been so thoroughly conquered. We are prey, Mia Regina. Descended from prey, and so we remain. And there is strength to be drawn from that. The monkey knows the tiger's eyes upon her. It lingers in most people, the feeling of being watched. Take it. Shape it. Hone it. And with it no one will be able to sneak up on you, the ambushed becomes the ambusher. Knowledge of weakness is the greatest force to make one build strength. Do not suppress the lurking animal, not here, not now, not when those very instincts are what allowed humans to live long enough to discover fire, and tools, to tame the wilderness. Do not suppress it, instead, make it yours, Mia Regina, as you have made me yours. It requires only will, so i know that you can."

Sword unclasped the leash from her throat, stepping into the centre of the clearing to start doing some stretches, "Take in these truths, Mia Regina. A weakness cannot be forged into strength until it can be known, until it is accepted. When you are ready, we will begin."

Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:20 am
Profile YIM WWW

They went deep into the forest, deeper than she cared to really go. Thankfully, there were at least some paths to follow that led to this place. Granted, said paths looked far less traveled than any other. She would be lying if she said she did not feel anything as she came closer to their destination. It was difficult to say if the sense of unease was from the place they were heading to or simply from being so far out in the middle of nowhere.

Her pet kindly pushed aside bushes and growth so that Vera could step through unhindered. The woman's silver hair trailed behind her with each step she took. When they finally arrived at the hidden clearing, the Head Girl's head was throbbing. Being an empath, she was more sensitive to the heavy emotions that lingered in such a place. The massive clash of pain and emotions sent shivers down Vera's spine. She definitely felt she should not be here and yet here she was.

Sword explained what happened here. It was nothing Vera really know about but then again, it was not something she needed to know. Apparently much had happened in this place and was a sort of battlefield against the guests of the island. The results were not surprising. It was simply not possible for a small group of students to stand against entire alien civilizations that wanted nothing more than to enslave humanity. Resistance such as this could have doomed Earth and everyone living on it. It did not matter now. The events have already passed and punishments were given. The student who resisted the most was now under her leash and would assist Shokushu until the administration sees it fit to either promote Kite or let her graduate.

Vera rubbed her temple as Sword removed her leash. To say that the aura from this place was uncomfortable would be an understatement for an empath such as herself. She took deep breaths as she focused on pushing those sensations out of her head. They would only distract her in the end and it was looking like Kite was becoming very serious about this training.

Sword's explanation was simple enough to listen to but to follow was a different story. As a Head Girl, she knew more than any student what their place in the foodchain was. How to make that into a strength was not clear though. Taking another deep breath, she tossed the leash off to the side and did some stretching of her own. "Guess I am ready as I will ever be," Vera stated simply, "You may begin when you are ready, Sword." There was no telling what plans her pet had for this lesson nor how effective they will be. But when it came to experience, Vera could not have picked a better student to train under.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Sword shakes her head, smiling. "You're as ready as you can be for now, Mia Regina. The whole point of this is to increase that boundary." Without warning, Sword threw a punch. Well, not quite without warning for Sword, as it's nothing like the speed or power she can put behind one when she really means it, but she doesn't drop her shoulder, there's no flicker of emotion, nothing but suddenly, a fist.

She expects Vera to either dodge or block, rather than take the hit, and is already swinging with the other hand as well before finding out which. Sword trusts that her Queen seems to always know what she's thinking, or feeling, not that there's usually a difference for her, that Vera will know that Sword is not truly trying to hurt her... only that pain is the best teacher of the dance of blood. And so she will attack, until Vera defends herself, and fights back.

"Spread your senses, not without, but within! You have Seen, mia Regina! You have Known! And you have Survived! Your mind can act on all you know, to tell you what might be and help you guess what will be. But that's not what you need here, that's not what you need now! Let your soul and your instincts tell you what is and act on that!"

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:14 am
Profile YIM WWW

There was no warning beyond the sudden flare of aura coming from Sword as her fist snapped out towards Vera's face. The Head Girl backed away, out of the woman's range as Kite pushed forward with another swing. Well this was certainly a different method of teaching compared to what she went through with Taisie. It should not be surprising as this was Sword doing the teaching and all Sword knew was direct conflict. Still, something a bit slower to start with would have been nice.

The Head Girl brought up both arms to block the second punch, gritting her teeth at the impact. Sword's explanations were not exactly clear. It did not seem like something Vera could just turn on. Instincts were just that. She could only assume she was supposed to fight back though they were fighting without any pads or protection. The silver haired woman pushed back against the fist and sent a straight palm strike aimed for Kite's solar plexus. She knew at least a few soft spots of the body that could slow down an attacker if struck right.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:58 pm

As little as a few months ago, Sword would have just taken the hit and tried to pretend it had no meaning. Vera had told her to hone, however, and with Portman and a few others, she had been doing just that. She didn't turn fully out of the way, as that would open up all sorts of soft spots, but just to deflect the strike over to her ribcage.

She struck again, this time a downward chop aimed for the nape of the neck. "Let this place speak to you, mia Regina! Let it stir your hate! i know you harness your emotions, control them, ensure they work to your will rather than you to theirs. Use your fury, your hate! Harness them as strength!"

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW

She struck her pet right on the ribs but the twisting ensured it was not a solid blow. With her strike glancing past the woman, she found herself overextended as her partner countered with a chop. Vera brought an arm up to block the attack as she stepped closer. With her striking arm now back, she sent another punch for her partner's stomach. She could not help but be concerned about the fact they could very well hurt each other here. Kite raving about anger and rage made her pet sound like some evil villain. It was not like Vera has never been angry before. But, she got to where she was and endured by remaining calm and collected. Doing the opposite was not as easy as just shouting for it to happen. She could feel the pain and anger around this place. It was a stifling aura.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:41 am

Sword let's this strike connect, crouching over it and taking hold of Vera's wrist, some of the breath forced out of her, but her grip is steady. But she doesn't swing again. She steps back, oddly quiet. "i was so sure... No matter. My apologies, mia Regina. It...i had hoped..."

She shrugs, "To fight with the mind alone is to fight at far less than half strength. i had thought, that here, the intensity of this place might let you push from calm, to the calm within the storm. When i let myself all the way loose, completely berserk, sure, i'm stronger, but i'm an idiot. But to fight without passion, one makes oneself weak."

"If, if you're not too disappointed in me for dragging you out here for that, mia Regina, we can try more of the technical side first?"

Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:30 am
Profile YIM WWW

Her punch made contact and Sword stopped attacking. But, she could not tell if her pet was pleased with the results or not. Vera gave a soft smile as Sword explained her discomfort. The Head Girl stepped forward and stroked Kite's cheek. "I am anything but disapppointed, Sword," she said calmly, "I do feel the unease of this place but, that only makes me wish to retain my control even further. Students who wish to attack me wish to do so in order to break the order of this island and introduce chaos. To lose myself in a frenzy would be a victory for them. I am a leader and must maintain my composure."

"To be a berserker is to throw away all sense of self and devote one's self to pure offense and rage. Remember, you wish me to learn how to protect myself in self defense. To lose myself to anger would only harm your original intention. To throw myself right into the shiv they are stabbing me with just to strike back would end my role here rather quickly," Vera explained, "I wish to induce dispair in my foes not through brutal offense but by being untouchable. Let them realize how fruitless it truly is to attack a Head Girl."

Her fingers stroke down and grip Sword's chin tightly, forcing the woman to look her in the eye. "I also hope you do not think I am weak, pet," she added firmly, "There is power in discipline. It was through discipline that I claimed you, tamed you. Martial arts tends to revolve around discipline and self control. In the end, it is merely a preference, a style. You wish to be a berserker, my berserker, while I prefer a more technical approach to conflict. I am certain your sparring sessions with Ms. Portman has revealed that much."

"That moment when I begin to lose myself," she continued, "When there are no other options available... That is when I will let go by drawing my Sword and unleashing her upon those who cannot be corrected."

Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:27 am

Sword shakes her head vigorously, overwhelmingly reassured by Vera's warm touch, settling back to staring into her eyes, "i do not mean for you to lose yourself to it, mia Regina. Only to use it. Here, surrounded by so much pain and hate is where i first found the capacity to control my own fury, to shape it into anything other than wanton bloodlust. Control is a good thing. i will be far more dangerous wielded by you than i was even at my peak of chaos." Sword hesitates, a rather massive emotional conflict briefly welling in her before she speaks again, "you are incorrect, mia Regina. i do not wish to be a berserker. i was born one, an incarnation of a child's desire to utterly destroy the world she lived in. And slowly, i grow beyond that." She shakes, trembling a little, but the conflict has passed... flat out contradicting Vera was difficult for Sword to conscience, even on matters of simple fact.

"i do not for a single moment think that you are weak, mia Regina. As you say, Ms. Portman's technique is masterly. And i have been learning a great deal in sparring with her. But she also knows how to put her whole heart into her battle. And to let her emotions tell her when to avoid an attack her mind does not know is coming. And that is what i mean by the strength of one who knows they are prey. That perception of your surroundings is the thing you most need, mia Regina, to have the untouchability that you want."

"Part of being untouchable will mean sometimes you have to put someone down hard. Especially idiots that're like i was before you tamed me, mia Regina. To that end... don't keep going for solar plexus shots. Anybody who's been in more than two fights knows to guard that spot, or has been hit there enough they've learned to take it and leave it open to play possum. And anybody who's going to see your authority alone as reason to target you rather than to fear you is going to have been in more than a few fights already. Go for the inside of joints instead. Way fewer people have practiced fighting with dislocated limbs than just pushing through the spasm of a nerve-strike, and it's pretty easy to pop an elbow or ankle with practice."

Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 am
Profile YIM WWW

The contradiction was just a minor correction though the delivery was a bit blunt. Vera did not mind and neither did Sword as the conversation continued. She claimed that Camryn (and perhaps even Dawn) relied on emotion and instinct to avoid attacks that she did not otherwise see coming. But for Vera, it could very well be possible to go the other way around. She could sense the conflict and emotion of her opponent and use that to know the attack was coming. If emotions were truly what some of these fighters relied on, would her empathy allow her to sense or 'see' the attacks coming even before they were thrown?

Sword's explanations now were a bit more usable for the Head Girl. They were technical and not the ravings of someone wanting to get enraged and let loose. "Striking joints is something I have little experience with," Vera replied, "I know some joint manipulation for takedowns but nothing beyond that. Being so far from a nurse or medic, I do not think I should be popping anything out of socket. The last thing I would want is to damage my precious blade." She smiled faintly as she shifted into a fighting stance. This time, she will try taking Kite's advice while also focusing more on Sword's emotions. She was not as physically strong or fast as her slave. She needed any edge she could get.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Sword nodded in agreement, crouching slightly, no formality to her stance. "No argument from me, mia Regina. Focus on hitting the right spots for now, working on breaking force can come later. Analyzer has some informal medic training, but don't want to rely on it when we don't have to."

"Another thing for later is mixing up your stance, mia Regina. The students who'd try to attack you probably won't be self-taught mongrel's like me, mia Regina, and from what Portman tells me it doesn't take all that much expertise to read a few things from someone's stance."

Sword didn't attack. Oh, she stepped forward, throwing punches, launching kicks, but she was sure Vera could tell she was deliberately throwing them lter and slower, demonstrating the shapes of the motions and where the fragile points in them were. The point of this was teaching, not a contest, something it was admittedly difficult for Sword to keep in mind. Well, she could learn more of how to teach in the process.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next