View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Useful (for Vera) 

Post Useful (for Vera)
It had been a one off thing she had told herself, the drug that had been baked into the cookie was hardly a believable tale. There had been many tales that she experienced here that were rather unbelievable, that she had no outlet in speaking about given Therion's threat if she should every stray from that.

She had given up a lot that night though, plenty to safeguard Vera from the attentions of that demon, she shook her head at that memory, the now invisible bell attached to the collar tinkled slightly though she now hated the device considering what the demon did with it.

But while she was allowed to speak on the drugging the scenario was all to embarrassing. But that had not prevented her from performing her duties. Still she tried to focus on the present rather than the past.

While she wondered about the reasons behind being drugged she hoped that her Mistress had not eaten this evening or made other arrangements for she actually got a hold of fresh fish tonight and had it with her wrapped up along with a few other matters.

Outside the tower doors she raps on it and waits, shifting the brown bag in her hands after doing so.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:48 am

Post Re: Useful (for Vera)
As some of the more paranoid students expected, the alien guests were not the only concern of the island. Shokushu itself had their own experiments and games to play with the students. So Vera was generally more forgiving when a class project suddenly goes wrong and causes some more erotic side effects. It was rare for the Head Girl to use such events as an excuse to pass out demerits as it just meant adding more to her ever persistent workload.

The tower doors were open as always, allowing Daphnee in and wait for the elevator to take her to the upper floors. Despite having an open door policy, Vera's doors were closed as usual. It just never felt right having her door just hanging open. Besides, it allowed the Head Girl to sense the more reluctant visitors who decide to second guess themselves and come up with excuses to not knock at her door. She generally had more respect of students who take the journey up here and see it to the end rather than turn tail and run.

Daphnee was one of those who had not run yet. The knock at the door led to Vera calling the visitor in as always only to be pleased that one of her pets have returned. The large bag meant her pet wished to make another meal for the silver haired woman. Usually if Vera was eating alone, she ate a bit later in the evening. Seems she will not have to worry about making anything now. "Welcome back, my pet," Vera greeted with a soft smile.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Daphnee entered the tower. She had always been impressed with the size of the suite, a sheer show of status considering her meager dwellings. She never really needed much though she had to admit that her room was beginning to get cluttered given the number of ventriloquist dolls she had at this stage.

She had one for each of her personality types rather than one true favorite, save for Mr. Timmons who she had destroyed herself the first night she was here.

Entering, she was not sure if she should even brooch the subject of the experiment gone awry. It was to embarrassing to admit, even if she went through with the mantra during … that was important, probably unnecessary but still it was important to her to make it clear that even in such a state she belonged to Vera and was her toy to do with as she pleased.

There was a little more confidence in her despite this. In part it had to do with her encounter with Therion, what she was made to endure, knowing that she could endure it and would again.

Absent though was the bell, though she indeed was still wearing it the object was hidden from normal perceptions at least since she did not have permission to wear it in class but could not remove it. Part of her had wondered if other guests could take it off but she had yet to trick any of them into doing it though she supposed that it only answered a question in the realm of curiosity since she had to wear it at all times.

Rather than ask if Vera had made plans for dinner she assumed she hadn't and if she had, well another night would work.

“Is fish fine tonight? I actually got a hold of some fresh fish tonight, that's one of the tougher things to get,” always busy, Vera always seemed busy with one thing or another and she wondered exactly what in was that her Mistress had been working on. The first day she passed it off but every day since she had been hard at work on something it seemed.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:51 pm

If Vera noticed the unseen magical bell, she did not show it. What the Head Girl did notice was a mistake Daphnee made. It was a sharp reminder that this pet was still very much in training. Kite and Anne would not have made this mistake but both had a great deal more training than Daphnee. It was only a minor thing. When it came to relationships such as this one, the details are the most important part. To let it slide would be only harming her pet more than helping her.

"You are forgetting something, slave..." Vera said in a firm voice, "You must always refer to your betters by their appropriate title. Do not make me repeat this lesson to you again." For now, a verbal reprimand would get the information across. She will deem whether further correction is necessary after dinner. She would wait until Daphnee replied and corrected herself before answering the question. "Fish is fine, pet." Vera added calmly.

There was one other bit of information that Daphnee was mistaken about but that was due to the ignorance expected from a student here on the island. There were no animals on or around the island so nothing really came to this place as 'fresh'. It was an odd precaution by NICE labs and the staff but she would not question the decision and allocation of resources. But thanks to science, it was rather easy to transport foods that appear fresh to the planet. Still, she had to admire the work Daphnee put to get higher class foods to the Head Girl.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:19 am

There had been a lot on her mind as of late, mostly with what demons had said or done and between trying to work out the mystery of the drugged food though that was no excuse. “Your forgiveness, Mistress, a momentary lapse I assure you.” She had to remain focused. Such was the state of affairs in her mind, such as having been attacked while doing the laundry once but she could not let her interfere with her duties.

Daphnee had just gotten to that place where the rapes where a way of life. One that she was sure now to suffer in silence about as the only ones she was allowed to open up to where other monsters and she knew that they would not give a damn one way or another.

Still, that meeting with Therion was a point of pride that she could at least hold onto if she could never speak about it. If the penalty wasn't so high she may have considered written some of it down, a loop hole that demons would use no doubt but she had nothing to back up her play and thus would remain cautious.

Unaware about the food situation she had always assumed that fish, being rare, could only be obtained when she snagged it first thing and got lucky or after it had been sitting around for a few days when no one wanted it.

Unless there was anything further for her she had headed into the kitchen to get started on a rice pilaf with the baked fish. A change from the pasta dishes she so often practiced with. So, she had a little slip up there, she just had to focus more on what she was doing, in the past she would have fussed too much over it but knew that she would do better next time. She also took stock in what cleaning that she had to get to. What needed to be done … she hoped not laundry but there was nothing that was going to stop her if it needed to be done.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:50 am

Vera sensed conflict in Daphnee's aura. It was unknown what the cause could be. It was to be expected even from the most obedient of slaves. The island had many secrets and a Head Girl's slaves are not immune to its many dangers. There was little the Head Girl could do beyond convince her pets that the monsters were either not real or they should not be spoken about. It was unfortunate that Vera was limited on how to directly deal with such issues even with her own slaves. Kite was the only exception and she did not really require any aid at this point.

Then again, the conflict could be caused by the simple role of being a slave. That seemed unlikely from what was seen of this particular student. Daphnee clung to being owned as if it was her lifeline. It was doubtful any conflicts would cause the woman to put that in danger.

Vera said nothing though. She simply let Daphnee go to the kitchen where another meal could be prepared. Let the servant focus on her work, that is all that can be done. Vera would deal with the matter only if her pet decided to speak up. For now, the Head Girl did what she always did, work. Her day to day tasks varied and perhaps she did more than what was expected of a Head Girl. She logged all demerits and is the one that decided who needed to be corrected. She participated in the student council though was not directly part of it. But, her presence there did speed up the process of decision making and voting. The silver haired woman helped with events though most of that was now done through Kite. She tutored students on various subjects from math, business, economics, and computer science. There were also the numerous rules she enforced and attending classes. And that was just some of the things that directly involved the school itself. That did not include any tasks involving the alien guests, the headmasters, or her various appointments to NICE labs. Even if her work is done, there was always something else that needed finishing. It was busy work but it made time go quickly and kept her from being sent off into slavery.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:25 am

Daphnee had been alone in this matter, at best she had her ventriloquist dolls to speak through when she was alone but that was really just her mulling things about her own thoughts out loud. All and all she had managed to do so exploring in her free time though it never amounted to anything.

For one of the visitors she had worked out something for what he refrained to deny or confirm though she never really turned up much in her explorations save for be ravished by the next monster. Well, her dorm room had remained safe for the time being. She was attacked once while in the dorm room of another girl so that was probably a false hope but so far she was left alone there, whether there was a reason for that or not she could not say. Maybe because her interactions were so harsh elsewhere that it had been thought to give her some sanctuary, more likely it was because no one had gotten around to it.

Even amongst the monsters perhaps she was ignored, unless stumbling upon them in some fashion. No, that was not always the case.

She busies herself rather dwelling to much on the things she can't change, still in a fairly good mood. With the rice and fish cooking she cut up a few lemons into wedges, checked for tartar sauce and not seeing any made a small dish up with the relish and mayo.

Knowing better to bother Vera, she considered for a moment, no she was still learning the tea ceremony and would hold off on that until she could do that flawlessly, though she was not sure how into the custom her Mistress was, if at all. Still with less work load she tried to keep busy with a little of this and that.

When she had this all underway or accomplished she began tidying up though there were few things to actually touch upon. It wouldn't be until dinner was ready that she would interrupt her Mistress and tell her it was ready.

She had the tea out on the table and in the center of the table where two dishes, one with lemon wedges, the other with the other. A place had been set for her consisting of the breaded haddock and the pilaf. Another recipe she got from the class she sat in on though it did not appear at the time that she would get to make huge use out of it but the future was always an uncertain one she found.

“Is there anything specific that you need for the evening or something specific for tomorrow, Mistress, out of the norm?”

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:09 am

Things fell into their usual routine for both of them. Vera worked and Daphnee prepared dinner. Being in separate rooms, there was not much to say so each were left to their own thoughts and tasks. The Head Girl finished with what she was working on as the other woman carried out plates to the table. When called, the silver haired woman took her seat and tasted the food. Satisfied, she allowed Daphnee to prepare her own plate to have dinner with the Head Girl.

It was not often that she had fish. It was just something she did not have the time to prepare and storing fresh fish had its own issues. A good change of pace she thought as she ate some fish and rice. The tea was nothing out of the ordinary but satisfactory at the very least. Vera ate quietly until Daphnee piped in a question. It was an unnecessary question and really not worth answering. Daphnee had the schedule so she knew what classes were coming. If there was more to it, Vera would have given the order or taken care of it herself. "No," she answered simply before moving on, "How are you, my pet? I trust you have been doing well in class? I see you have been sitting in cooking class still."

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:46 pm

The question may have been unnecessary though she was just making sure that nothing had changed. Now the question for her. One might have said horrible given recent events. She instinctively touched the annoying little bell about her neck, annoying at what it had been fashioned into but not at what it had represented. No, she had earned this bell, the demon had tried to brake her and it may have challenged her to no end, it may have even attempted to use Vera against her but her resolve remained firm.

“Actually I'm doing fairly well as of late. I haven't had much time to work on my puppetry and haven't but I got to add two course this semester on account of missing one earlier. I have just gotten the cooking course and would have been behind in it had I not sat in all the courses last semester so that has worked out for the best. I already had some of the earlier techniques down, the recipes are a bit different though.”

She smiles, opting to use either the lemon or tartar sauce, whichever Vera wasn't using so as not to waste it. To her it had not really mattered. If Vera used neither she used the tartar sauce just because it was a bit more work in storing and finding a container for.

“But things are going at a steady pace, nothing too hectic and it occurs to me that next semester will be a breeze with similar work habits, Mistress. I was wondering, Mistress, what is it that you are always at work with?”

Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Daphnee's earlier semester was light due to dropping a class though she had been very active nonetheless. Now, the student was taking a bit heavier load which will ensure that the woman is not left idle. In the long run, some of the experienced students may think such focus on school is a waste of time with the guests raping their lovely bodies. But if anything, keeping busy means being around others and lessening the rate of attack. Of course when they are attacked anyway, they may find themselves having to catch up on more work than usual. The school is willing to be rather lenient towards those putting forth the effort and in some cases may move to promote and possibly protect those who prove to be diligent, skilled, and most importantly obedient. This was good for Daphnee one way or another and Vera was a lifeline in more ways than one when it came to this island and its unknown workings.

Vera ignored the lemon for the most part though she did use some of the tartar sauce to add a bit of pop to the taste. Daphnee showed her curiosity and interest in the Head Girl's work. There was not much to be said but Vera did not mind explaning. Most did not know the details of her work and no one could ever know the deepest secrets involved in her work either. Unfortunately, the one student who asked about her position and wished to spread such information to the student body ended up being a liar and a waste of space. So answering one student at a time was all Vera had to go by for now.

"My job," Vera said before giving a faint smile, "Nothing is ever given in this world. Everything has to be earned one way or another. This suite is a perk for being a Head Girl but I must maintain my status and perform my duties in order to earn this and keep it. I am sure you are aware of my position, my pet. I have to keep order on campus and ensured rules are being followed. I have to correct those who wish to break the rules and create chaos. I must maintain campus cleanliness and ensure my Prefects remain active. I work with the staff in various tasks and projects and work under the Headmasters in anything they require. I am usually busy as I am the only one active on campus right now."

Compared to what she is gaining from this position, the work was nothing. Even if what she did was beyond the call of duty, it would ensure her existence was still viable here in Shokushu. The worst thing that could happen is being deemed useless and being sent off to slavery.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Was she ambitious? No, she did not seek power for the sake of power or commanding others. So use to being left alone that she rarely entertained the thought but rather focused on her work as a ventriloquist. She had not shown much improvement there though her skills for making puppets and fixing them came into play often enough.

What she did aim for was being useful. It was clear that for the exchange of just a little attention that she had no problem in giving up much. Lessons on the island had been harsh indeed and while in the beginning they were beginning to brake her she got to the point where they were common, no she was not so foolish as to egg on each guest in out doing the last but it had to be her rather arduous encounter with Therion that had been significant. Of course she did not know if he were lying or not but it was clear that he had been attempting to sully her relationship with the Head Girl. But Daphnee, despite the pain remained adamant to the very end.

It was also in that moment that the demon had related more, true or not, that got her to really think about how she was going about things here thus far.

But her mind had dwelled on what her Mistress had said. “The only active Head Girl, that can add a bit of pressure no wonder why you are always busy, Mistress. I don't know how you manage with the pressure but could you not benefit from a bit of help there?”

It was not her place to inquiry about the other Head Girls, what happened to them, what they were now doing. How to become one but that was a ways off. She was Vera's tool after all and she would do as her Mistress wished. She still had much to learn herself, things she was piecing together herself so she could make sense out of her new life.

“Can I assist you better? I do not have much of a skill set yet but can learn. After this semester my work load will diminish significantly and allow me the time to master new skills.”

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:38 pm

"I have ran businesses before coming here," Vera replied, "It is something I am already used to." It was only a partial lie. There was much to adapt to upon coming to Shokushu. Alien rape, corrupt staff, and NICE labs were just a few things she had to adjust to and then there was more that changed when she became a Head Girl.

Daphnee was eager to help and be of use. It would be simple to just order her tool to be tempered and sharpened for a certain purpose. But, Vera preferred slaves and servants, not drones. "I can always benefit from help," she added, "You performing well in your classes means one less student I have to be concerned about. But, if you prefer a more active role there are positions that can do just that. I believe you are familiar with one of my slaves being a Prefect correct? Prefects work directly under their assigned Head Girl in maintaining order and a few other tasks. There are also some minor perks of holding such a position. You may consider speaking to Anne Deas about her experience as one if you wish to learn more. Kite also assists me though chooses not to strive for any position of note. Her role usually involves working closely with the student council and help organize events. I can include you in their meetings if that sparks interest."

In the end, it would up to Daphnee herself to figure out what to learn in order to best assist her owner. Such methods would allow Vera's slaves to put their own personal touch and style in how they serve the Head Girl, making each of her pets unique in their own way.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:08 pm

“That's correct, Mistress. You had mention being a prefect before and I did not wish to be redundant when you already have someone on hand that fills that role for you.” Of course she had already pieced together the simple fact that there were no other active Head Girls so she would be serving beneath Vera.

She hadn't been so good with student interactions just yet but that was more so out of being ignored, an issue that wasn't so bad. It kept others somewhat distant, she was there doing this assignment of that but separate from the in crowd. She never felt the need to be more assertive though in this upcoming role she would have to be no question. She did no mind this of course and this would be another matter for her to adjust o on the island. She would seek out booth in time though she didn't think she'd be accepted in council work with the other girls it did occur to her ha if she were in a position where she could not be ignored then all the better.

Like anything she would have to adapt as she went and brake out of that wall flower mode she so often found herself in.

“I would like that. Next semester once things ease up and I can commit myself more. I'll be sure to meet with both, Mistress, if that can be arranged.” Naturally a meeting wouldn't hurt for this semester or next, surely she had the time for that. For this semester though she had to concentrate on her academics and when those commitments cleared up she would take on others.

Daphnee attempted to do her best. She tried to stick to her word and was loyal. If her Mistress could be served better than so be it, she would help where she could. She desired to be of even greater use and even if she couldn't be the best in each realm then knowing enough about each aspect at least made her a bit resourceful.

She had to remind herself not to take on too much, especially if these tasks were things her Mistress had been use to doing herself but she could offer to take a bit of the burden off her shoulders.

“You must be good at it, Mistress, though I aim to help once things lighten up a little. Being a good student, obeying the rules, those are the sorts of things I do anyway and I have the desire to push on to greater challenges.”

Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:48 pm

"A Head Girl can have multiple Prefects," Vera said simply, "Having more means more work that can be completed and less area for each to watch over. But that is up to you. If you wish to learn more, it should not be difficult to track down Miss Deas. Kite can be found during any event meeting." No arrangement was necessary. It was just a matter of Daphnee moving on her own two feet and finding said students and speaking to them. Anne and Kite had already met and it may do Daphnee some good to have a few experienced slaves to look towards as an example.

Daphnee was eager to help though it was a bit disappointing that the girl would not be putting forth the effort to learn more until the next semester. But that was her pet's choice. Vera was in no hurry. Her servants were mere entertainment until they prove otherwise. Either way, Daphnee was satisfied with her role here.

The silver haired woman continued eating and sipping her tea for a bit before speaking again. "Having desire is only half of it, my pet," she said calmly, "You can want something all you want but nothing will change until you take action." That was all the advice she cared to give on the matter. If there were no further questions, Vera would focus on finishing off her dinner. She was a bit hungry so it was easy enough to clean off her plate and wash it down with some tea. The Head Girl wiped her mouth with a napkin and pushed her plate away, revealing that she was done with dinner. Daphnee would no doubt deal with the dishes but was she going to stay longer or was there school work that needed to be done?

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:22 pm

She was pleased with that, to know that she wouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes and hindering things rather than helping them along. It was something she was eagerly looking towards herself but didn't want to overwhelm herself with too much added work.

She would find the students easy enough, all that was needed was a little direction in where to find Kite and Anne well a prefect was certainly easy to find given the sash they stood out, they were suppose to stand out.

When she had the time no doubt she would dabble in preparation but when her work load eased up she could throw herself completely in the matter.

“Your right, Mistress.” She responded as she took in the advice. She had to brake that mold that had become a norm for her.

When her Mistress finished she did the cleaning up as usual. The left overs stored away, the dishes seen to Daphnee of course would do as her Mistress wished though knowing some of the arduous things that he Mistress had in mind she ensured that when she came by she did not have an early class or some project that needed her attention so she could stay if given that privilege.

She even took to packing extra clothes in her bag just encase such an offer had been made though she had never assumed that one was going to be made of course, it was just being prepared on her part.

Yes, she had certainly had more confidence now. Sometimes the little things could mean so much her after all.

“Left overs are on the top shelf, let me see to a few things, first. Laundry, trash, unless there is something specific my Mistress.”

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next