View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Parts (for Lynmarie) 

Post Parts (for Lynmarie)
Normally his node had hidden itself in a class room somewhere as it scanned this student and that as he drudged up her memories. He peeked inside them to get an idea of their personalities and a bit of their history. He had usually passed most beings by considering the likes of his parent. Smart girls, athletes and those with musical talent were those that Aegir had gone after for the most part.

But on this day the node had secured itself at the airport. It had been the day of the new arrivals to Shokushu and thus the perfect place for it to be in order for delving through minds as students debarked for the "plane".

Nope. Nope. Nope. The node scanned being as picky as its parent before falling on one and thinking to itself that this had been someone that his parent would approve of. A virgin? An untried morsel. Well Aegir would probably be interested in her. Only once before had he been with one more often than not getting the "hand me downs" from other beings.

He had been slow to act given his speed and while his node relayed all the relevant information to Aegir telepathically before getting back to his scans,

Aegir had been interested of course. He thought about matters as a human would. How to capture the moment so it would be a memorible experience.

Of course it would be such, given that it had not ben everyday that one encountered what deemed to be a monsterous entity. But even as he crept along the terrain he knew that he needed time to set matters up.

Command her to take a load off, to unpack first then take a loom around starting with the northern most trail ... the Norwidge one. I'll come across her there. Convince her to take a look about her new surroundings. He relayed to his node.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:29 am

Location: Somewhere in the darkness unseen, naked and being tortured
Post Re: Parts (for Lynmarie)
Had been a few days since she had 'arrived' on the island honestly. she had gone to the docks when a new plane landed to see if there were any interesting new students when the node noticed her as if she were new. All her bags were in her dorm room and she was pretty much relaxed.

She; as per usual wandered around not wearing the uniform though the weather today had forced a change in her usual wardrobe. Her heat tolerance was only so much after all. She smiled as she walked wearing a fitted cap an open button down t-shirt over a patterned Tee with various skulls and birds on it. Her legs were covered in knee length denim shorts and her feet were clad in soft high ankle shoes.

She hadn't done all that much exploring of the island though she was a bit interested in checking out a rumor about the north of the island, supposedly, or so she had heard, a small section of land existed where people were finding mostly worthless diamond chips; she thought these would make fantastic additions to her radios if she could find it.

She stood at the entrance of the forest path for a time looking over it silently wondering if today would be a good day or not to do it.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:12 am

It had taken Aegir some time to slither up to the northern part of the island though it had provided him with a good deal of time in which to think as he concocted his plans. Little had he known that she had been close by, studying the trail and wondering if it would be her lucky day or not.

Thinking a little he invoked his illusions to further his disguise which hadn't been too unusual. He could have turned this matter into a simple snatch and grab but how boring that would be. No, he decided on something more elaborate.

Covering himself in an illusion his form underwent a change even as he headed down a slope towards the coast. His eyes scanning the terrain as he watched his footing as he had gone on. Dressed in oil streaked overall with the pants legs rolled up showing scratched ankles. Her brown hair had been tied back though a faded cap covered her head.

A red oil stained or perhaps grease stained rag, red in coloration, jutted out from a pocket while glasses covered her face. Personality, Aegir thought that one over as he summoned into being multiple barges beached upon the shore. He did this with his powers of illusion and while the hunks were quite old they were sure to be seen from the path above inviting a look.

He decorated the beach with some junk probably refuse that had washed up on the beach. Some illusionary sea gulls had been perched upon these barges.

Character Listing

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:23 am

After about ten minutes The Native american malaysian girl walked off down the path to look about the in search of the diamond chips that really didn't exist and she might have known that at some level, but the chance they did exist was too good to pass up.

As she walked the path it eventually opened up beside a cliff face of sorts, narrowing a bit at that. she glanced down the steep slope for a moment; her eyes catching what appeared to be some old barges on the beach along with some wreckage. for a few minutes she closed her eyes in thought scratching her chin softly.
hmm, Salvage can offer some pretty good material sometimes Might even get lucky and find some cloth or a discarded fencing foil

she thought as she slipped down the slope hopeful already stumbling slightly a time or two before she finally reached the bottom. it was then her eyes came across a brunette in oil stained clothing. She cocked a brow and adjusted her cap a little at that. Was this a student? a member of the staff maybe? or was this someone that had just gotten stranded at some point.
"Hey girl, You lost?"

She called out as she stood still weight on her left leg.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:43 am

The girl jumped as if startled by the sound, the sea gulls flew off their perches only to land pretty much where they had started a moment later as the girl looked about the trail above first. Aegir could sense the brimming questions steaming through her mind at the unknown possibilities that sprang up.

After a quick second or two her brown eyes settled on Lyn where she had been upon the slope about half way up, not far but certainly not close either as if she had alerted her of her approach.

She waved at Lyn then she produced the rage from her pocket as she wiped her hands with it though she didn't do much since grease still lined her hands. She quickly pushed her sliding glasses back up to the bridge of her nose.

"Howdy, and no, not lost" she said, the words being heavily accented, southern U.S?

Character Listing

Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:44 am

Lyndsey blinked slightly looking at The girl as she tried in vain to wipe grease from her face. The accent was familiar, unfortunately for her... it was an accent she hated so much. she had to stop herself from telling the girl to shut her fucking southern mouth before she punched her. A few calming breaths later she nodded.
"Alright then, so what are you doing here? You a student at the school here?"

she asked simply as she moved to what appeared to be a bunch of wrecked radios though seemed to see nothing of interest.
"Strange how all this stuff is here and no one ever mentioned it around campus: no rumors, no clean up teams, no scavanging groups of students, nothing at all."

She amde the simple comment to the girl for a few moments before she'd finally introduce herself.
"I'm Lyndsey Marie Tulon what's your name girl?"

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:39 pm

"The ships were abandoned here long ago," she said as she stuffed her rag back into her pocket. She kept speaking as the other girl grew closer though Aegir could feel the hatred within her at the chosen accent, inwardly he smiled since anger had been an useful tool that he had access to.

"The ships have been picked over again and again over the years. Gawds they were old when I was a freshman though occasional, rarely someone comes out her to look for this and that. Often they don't find what their looking for. Funny that the owners didn't do anything about them though from what I heard in gossip and all is that these be ghost ships. Crews disappeared long before they got here.

"And to answer your question, yes I go to Shokushu, Junior here. Stephanie. Stephanie Myers." She offered a hand out to her, realized that it still had globs of grease on it and retracted it. "Most people don't bother with this place any longer."

She paused, thought for a moment then spoke. "I'm in the process of fixing one of these old derelicts. Been at it since the end of my freshman year when I stumbled upon this place." She smile, showing her bright white teeth. "It's sort of a hobby of mine."

Character Listing

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Lyndsey wasn't some girly girl, she had actually gone to take Stephanie's hand before it was retracted. Mentally she shrugged, she couldn't do anything about this girl's seeming sensitivity to getting other girl's a little dirty. ah well.
"So you're trying to fix these things up huh?"

she smirked a little as she looked them over; the supposed ghost ships brought a bit of a smile to her face. She took a little time to listen to nature before speaking again to her new acquaintance.

"Too bad they've all been picked that much, was hoping to maybe find some radio equipment, ah well. Maybe I'll at least be able to scavenge some copper or something to make a stronger antenna."

She commented moving towards stephanie to gaze at the ships some more before she decided to ask...
"you said ghost ships huh? any haunting rumors about them or anything?

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:23 pm

"no, no, no hauntings," she protested with a shake of her head. "Just abandoned at sea that's all. How they ended up here is anyone's guess though."

She hooked a thumb in the direction of the smaller of the three barges with a bright smile against her lips. "No I haven't been working on all three just that one there. Too much work refitting it for one person though I've been removing things off the other two in order to fix it up

"Midnight has been picked over extensively, it doesn't have anything like a radio since I had to cannibalize there communications equipment for Dawn but Dusk might still have some of that sort of stuff. There communication room is locked up though but the door isn't too strong to pry off seeing that it is damaged ... and old and all. One person has no chance of doing it, two might though."

She had been close now, close enough for him to snare her upon dropping his illusions though he did not do so yet. After all it was rare that he got to speak with anyone so he had been enjoying himself. Besides, he could use the practice with his illusions. It assisted him in his never ending works to be creative after all.

Character Listing

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:53 pm

Lyndsey looked down to the floor the a moment or two before letting her eyes settle on the ship named dusk. She grinned slightly stretching a little and cracking her knuckles.
"too much for one person my ass. You've never met this one person. Come on lets go. Maybe there's some stuff you can use in there too after I get that door down."

She seemed confident in her ability; and perhaps she was though even looking through the girl's mind wouldn't find why she was that way about something stephanie seemed to be so sure of. either way though she began to walk towards the derelict looking barge with a onfident stride before turning around and moving backwards towards it to see if the other girl was following her.
"You coming or am I going to have to take everything in there myself girl?"

she called out with an obvious tone of happiness to her voice. She could only hope there would be a nice sea worthy transmitter to upgrade her own work in that ship; the very possibility was enough to make her glow as she was right now.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:17 am

Confident. He liked that though as he followed slowly given his nature and slow progress Steph only smiled when the girl came back to cheek on her progress. She had to be anxious, a little bit excited about the prospects that this room held.

"I'm coming," she called out, "hurt my leg on Dawn this morning while doing repairs ... just give me a little time,: she explained as she limbed forward favoring her left leg. Aegir had hoped that this explaination would do in order to tackle Aegir's own slow movement.

Character Listing

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:33 am

Lyndsey just nodded offering a simple smile to herself as she waited by the rope ladder to the main deck.
"You have another way in or are you going to be able to climb this thing?"

of course she didn't know the ship was just a solid illusion made by the girl she was trying to make friends with nor did she know that the girl was actually some strange creature though that didn't stop her arm from knowing and aching a little as the runes unseen glowed faintly red.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:42 am

Flickering his gaze to the rope ladder she nodded slowly as words streamed out of her lips. "No I think I can manage it if I take my time."

The sea breeze rolling over her, wind dashing against her braid as it danced against it. A hand pressed down to her head to keep her cap in place while the index finger on her other hand pressed at the middle of her glasses that roamed down to the edge of her nose.

"Lead the way," she said though Aegir monitored her thoughts to pick up any doubts that she had. Thus far there had been none and he would like to keep it that way as she looked back to Lyn.

Character Listing

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 am

She simply offered a nod to Stephanie as she climbed the ladder calmly with a bit of a smile when she reached the top looking down to the girl that was following her. still nothing in her mind doubted this girl's ideas or her being human at all. though if Aegir looked deep enough it would see another mind doubting her, another mind Lyndsey wasn't aware even existed knew exactly what he was.

This mind forced Lyndsey to wince as she felt the slight twinge of burning pain in her right arm. she cursed under her breath as she enjoyed the breeze blowing through her short hair. she sighed as she looked down at Stephanie patiently waiting, her usual lip non-existant as she was trying to make a friend after all.
"So why not tell me a little about yourself Steph?"

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:30 am

There had been a reason for allowing her to go first as evident by his climb upon the rope latter. He could take in her marvelous backside unhindered as they climbed, though once they had reached the ship's deck Steph smile and then nodded at the question she had been addressed with.

"Me? Just a simple girl from Alabama. My father and three older brothers are all mechanics so I dabbled in this and that over the years. Pretty much am a mechanic by trade based on tinkering on cars, mostly engines. So when I heard about Shokushu and some of their tech courses I signed on, being a web designer in my spare time too. And this," patting the rail with her hand, "has been my pet project over the last few years. Well working on the Dawn at least."

She paused gazing at Lyn then pointed to her sleeve. There had been a dim glow of red light spilling out from there and while Aegir knew what it had been from his node he decided to ask a pretty basic question if only to keep up appearances.

"What's that?"

He had not yet picked up on the second personality. It had been weak after all and he had been focused on her surface thoughts more than anything at the time as he refrained from digging around in her mind ... yet.

Character Listing

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next