View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 4:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Secrecy and Salvation (for Kanoe and Clarice) 

Post Re: Secrecy and Salvation (for Kanoe and Clarice)
"Can't... I'm making a journal... or a diary if you want to call it that."

It was a simple answer. A sudden turnabout to say the least to suddenly have the urge to write something down, but for the two of them it wasn't completely... uncommon. Just an odd coincidence and nothing more. Whatever Clarice was writing, she seemed determined not to let Kanoe take a single peek and gestures to the bed quite calmly.

"Why don't you sleep instead? I'm not very tired and plus I have a psychology test tomorrow."

She smiles softly to her and continues to write down whatever was so important. She seemed to quirk a brow to the information about lactating without the exact source of milk. She didn't remember that being covered in anatomy, but then again so many odd things like suddenly growing a few inches in one night like Kanoe's breasts were able to do.

"I'm sure this is going to be one of those nights sleep won't come... even if you beg."

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:22 am

"A journal? At this hour?" Claire was acting very strange. Studying was one thing but a journal in the middle of the night? And why now of all times. "You can write it tomorrow love, get some sleep."

It was her turn to worry now. The having to make a diary only to find her lover was doing the same this very night added a number of concerns. She moves beside her lover and wraps an arm around the woman. The witch did not like this feeling. Kanoe did not have empathy like Claire but she could tell something was off.

"Is something the matter?" she says softly, "I'm sorry for being gone so much. I wish I could do something about it..."

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:30 am

"Writing helps relieve the mind of pint up thoughts. Edison had to do it, didn't he," she replies, but sighs finally. She had written down what was needed. She pushes back, cuddling the woman's soft embrace for a moment before standing from the table. She didn't want Kanoe to worry... too much.

"But if you insist, I'll try and get some sleep."

That was a rather easy battle to win for Kanoe. Clarice takes the book; dusting it off for a moment before shoving the thing along with her other books gently and nicely under her bed. She looks rather tiredly at her lover before nodding a goodnight. Slipping into her covers, she didn't seem very interested in cuddling tonight. The two of them did need some separation now and again so this was as well not uncommon for the two.

"Love you, Kanoe. Night."

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:41 am

It was not much of a victory. But she was glad the woman was at least going to try and sleep. Claire looked just as tired as she was after a long night. She puts away her own books before finally slipping into bed beside her lover.

Seeing the woman's back as Claire moves to her own side of the bed made the woman feel further away than she actually was. Was her lover angry at her about something? Shaking her head, she dispels the thought for now. It was much too late in the night to go prying much less open any sort of argument. The witch rolls to her side and shuts her eyes.

"Love you too, Claire," she replies before finally dozing into a restless slumber.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm

What she seemed to lack in patience for most of her time with the woman she built it up at this moment. She waited at least thirty minutes before turning herself gently to see Kanoe asleep. It was a pleasant sight to see the woman finally at peace. Pity she would no doubt ruin it if the woman awoke.

Sighing to herself, Clarice slowly slips out of bed, trying her very best to avoid rousing the woman from her slumber. How she wished she didn't have to get involved. Maybe it was the simple temptation of getting further into Kanoe's life or maybe she was just trying to be the hero. What was apparent was that the [assed few times she’s attempted have ended in vain. She slips on her robes instead of her usual night attire and takes a flashlight with her. Where she was going she would no doubt need it at this hour.

She allows her 'journal' to be just within the woman's view. Inside it would explain quite a bit without the woman worrying of where she was. She would know precisely where she was. She gives the woman a soft kiss to her cheek, brushing a few bangs away from her face. Next time she would see this face she would no doubt be in trouble. It makes one wonder why she was so bent on getting at Natsuki if she felt so inadequate for the job. But if she didn't do anything then no one would.

Stepping out of the door she makes her way to a certain office. If she was going down she wasn't going down alone. Knowing this woman was involved and having lied to her... this would set the record straight. And not only that, she had a little promise to take care of. She did mention if any harm came to Kanoe she would be very cruel to her. She didn't say anything about the possible emotional pain Kanoe has. With narrowed eyes she locks in a certain woman she was just dying to see again. And this time she was alone with no one to help.

As far as she was concerned, this woman was just as much a monster as the monsters themselves. Allowing herself to be used like a guinea pig would not save her the wrath of those she tries to snow over. She would make sure this woman was well taken care of before she makes her way down to that vile creature's domain. The very least she could have the company of the scared little nurse. At least then she would have some sort of shield for who knows what.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:49 pm

Claire snuck into the vast medical wing, alert for faculty keeping watch over the sterilized rooms, but to her surprise the desks and offices were nearly abandoned. The receptionist’s chair lay empty. Clarice heard quiet laughter drifting from the nurse’s lounge, but otherwise encountered no signs of life. Searching for Diane’s office made the witch tense; at any time the staff could open the lounge door and discover her skulking about. After a few minutes Claire found a door labeled Asst. Nurse in a remote area of the wing, bearing Diane’s name on a little plate next to the doorjamb. She heard a tapping foot within.

To the witch’s irritation the door had been locked. She took a hard breath through her nostrils, relaxing. Her magic might be weak in Shokushu, but a simple lock shouldn’t be difficult to destroy. A few whispered, arcane words were enough to snap the pins inside the knob. Diane didn’t have enough time to react to the crack of metal before the angry blond witch sprang into her little cubicle and outstretched a glowing hand. Claire’s palms slapped the nurse simultaneously, one covering her mouth, the other discharging a burst of lightning into Diane’s ribs. Claire’s captive contorted in her seat, letting loose a muffled scream.

“Shhhhhhh.” Claire warned past bared teeth. She took Natsuki’s servant by the throat

“Y-your that girl from earlier...” Diane squeaked. Her captor nodded once, decisively.

“Yep. Hi. I’m Claire, Kanoe’s lover. And you’re some monster’s patsy.” Claire channeled energy into her fingers and clenched. The nurse made a strangled gasp, but didn’t dare to attempt escape. The witch let her prisoner languish without breath for a ten-count and released her. Diane coughed quietly, blinking away tears. “Tell me all about the monster that’s abusing my Kanoe Diane, or I swear it’ll be worse!” Claire gritted venomously.

“H-her na-a-me’s Natsuki!” Diane squirmed in desperation. Her adam’s apple jumped madly in the witch’s grip.

“And? What can she do?”

“Anything!” Claire frowned. That wasn’t good to hear.

“That can’t be true. Tell me what you’ve seen her do.”

“She can disappear.” Diane hesitated, then continued. “She can make things come to life. She summons tentacles, as m-many as she wants…and..and…” The tears came, splashing down the nurse’s cheeks. “P-p-please…don’t hurt me…”

The nurse’s aura swam with fright, but didn’t hold any hint of deception. As far as Clarice could tell, Natsuki’s servant had told her the truth so far. She was almost angry that Diane was being so cooperative. It would be preferable if the nurse had some spine, something to give Clarice an excuse to punish her. The witch’s felt her mana flaring out from her core.

“Don’t move.” Clarice warned, then moved her free hand over to the desk and opened a drawer. In short order she found a roll of bandages and slipped around behind Diane. She wrapped Diane’s wrists together behind her back securely. The terrified nurse offered no resistance. Yanking the older woman up from her chair Claire spun her around to give her a tight glare. “What’s Natsuki been doing to Kanoe? How long?”

“Almost a year.” Diane whispered. “She makes her exercise…has…sex with her…she makes her sew things…that’s all I know about it.”

“What?” That wasn’t what Claire expected. In this place sex was nearly a given, but the other activities made no sense to the girl. Confusion only deepened her rage, and she pushed the nurse before her. “Take me to her. Now.”

“No! We can’t disturb her! Listen to me, you don’t want to wake her up!” Claire clapped the other woman swiftly on the ear. Disoriented, Diane fell to her knees.

“Shut up.” After a few seconds of sobbing, the staff member pulled herself upright using the edge of her desk and proceeded to lead. The pair exited the medical wing just as drunken faculty poured out of the lounge.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:56 pm
Profile YIM

Normally, this may be perceived as going too far for Clarice. She was practically threatening a staff member; lord knows what that will do to her if that leaks to the headmaster, and she was holding someone hostage for the sake of saving Kanoe... or maybe it was revenge again. Revenge never seemed to be firmly in her grasp, but it was always that tempting sensation to get off on.

She shivers inside at the thought of turning into a monster. What was she doing in the end any ways? What would holding this nurse against her will and dragging her to the hell she's obviously obeyed to avoid? She starts to wonder if the fit of rage is just becoming too much for her sanity. It was a long battle to say the least... but now her sanity seemed like it could fly away at any moment...

A soft sigh leaves her lips as they close in on the door the nurse knew would probably be the last thing she would see. Her quivering cries didn't seem to phase the human-like monster behind her. Aside from soft breathing and a few deep exhales, Claire seemed perfectly fine with shoving the woman closer to Natsuki's den. A normal person may very well be screaming in fear, but the nurse was whimpering softly now. Seems she wanted the woman she was now under to get at least a few seconds of sleep before eyes would set souly on her before the blonde could be noticed. She would be the first thing the vile monster would see. That probably wasn't a pleasant thought.

Suddenly stopping before the door jerked the cowering woman back a few inches. Wrists still clasped tightly with bandages, it would be a surprise the woman wouldn't lose both of her hands from the possible lack of blood flow in her digits. The sudden glint and glow of her hands would catch the woman's attention. She was sure that would no doubt come as a painful contact with her fragile skin. The sudden rip that sounded like fabric would come as no shock to the blonde witch. Her hands raked through the bandages, tearing them off until there were small shreds of the sticky side of them left on Diane's wrists. She was turned around quite violently to face glaring, cold eyes, and her finger pushes against the nurse’s lips to emphasize the meaning 'silence'.

"Get."

That was all that should needed to be said for the woman to run away from the possible scene to unfold. Clarice's sympathy for not letting her mistress punish her then and there could very well cost the blonde some leverage. But if she had a choice in the matter... she was not going to be a monster.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:58 am

Diane’s blue eyes quivered as she faced her captor. Somewhere in the distance, some doomed young girl let loose a forlorn scream, making Diane cringe. The blond witch’s expression did not help to relax her. She stared at Clarice for a moment when told to leave. She took a step back, then shook her head incredulously. Her hand fumbled at the door, and she slammed her shoulder against the entrance to Natsuki’s chamber. A hollow thud blasted the corridor with echoes and the nurse scrambled through the doors.

Clarice saw the same opulence that had astounded her lover earlier that night. Her quarry, the one named Natsuki, lay supine in a pool of silvery light. The nurse dove into a kneeling position so fast that her knees skidded on the floor’s crackled quartz, then bent her forehead to the floor in a gesture of supplication. Natsuki’s nude body shifted, and mouth opened in innocent repose.

“Mistress Saika! Please forgive me for waking you Your Radiance!” Diane implored loudly. The nude beauty’s serene visage hardened and her eyelids fluttered. Diane crawled forward and held out her palms to her mistress. “The witch’s lover is here! There was nothing I could do. Nothing…” The nurse’s head slumped back down, and her back trembled. Natsuki stirred, rolling onto her side. Her eyes flew open.

“You know better than to bother me at night.” Natsuki said coldly. Somehow, despite the woman’s deadly tone, the lilt of her words had the rhythm of poetry. Her gentle sigh caressed the ears. The nurse began to back away on her hands and feet.

“I’m so sorry..” she began, but Natsuki cut her off with a peremptory click of fingernails on the quartz floor. The unclothed being let her attention wander over to Clarice, fixing her with eyes that absorbed the moon’s rays and threw out dazzling sparks.

“You must be Clarice. You shouldn’t enter others’ homes without an invitation.” Natsuki’s lean body flexed, and she stood upright in the center of her bed, which shone in the pale light like a glossy scab. The woman ran a hand through her dark hair. She made no move to conceal herself. “Why are you here Clarice?”

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:33 am
Profile YIM

"You have no room to make comments on entering another's room when you have 'that' intruding in the middle of the night for Kanoe."

She crosses her arms while glaring coldly at the nurse. Her sympathy for the woman vanished very quickly. She had tried to be nice and let the woman seek refuge to the outside world... but if all she wished to do was please this creature then she might as well just be one herself. Eyes narrow at the nude woman who stood before her. The no doubt 'regal' appearance she perfected to onlookers was more of an eyesore for someone furious.

"I don't appreciate being thought of as stupid. Your little underling here has a way of lying that insults those who listen and frankly if she had made a better story then practically confusing your name and attempting to cover it up, then we may very well not be talking right now."

She was in no mood for being and courteous to this woman. The way she lifted and carried herself was like nails to a chalkboard. The vixen was absolutely appalling in red. She does a similar stance to one expecting an answer. She may not be as powerful as this monster, but she could certainly play the part of at least acting like an opponent. Brushing a few strands of hair behind her ears gives her the obvious outward appearance of being the irrational type.

"I don't think I have to answer your question, either. The fact Kanoe has to out and loud lie to me to avoid talking about 'you' is enough for me. I was thinking of using this woman to my advantage but I won’t sink to your level to use others for the simple enjoyment… of being treated like a child."

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:54 am

Claire’s furious diatribe made Natsuki flush with anger. The naked woman glared up at Clarice. Despite being shorter than the witch, and standing on a lower level, Natsuki’s eyes projected enough ire to freeze stone. As Claire delivered her last words Natsuki’s lips went flat, and she floated into the air. Her arm shot up in an abrupt gesture, fingers curled into claws in the witch’s direction. Then she faltered, levitating above her round bed, and let her arm fall. Gliding to the ledge that circumscribed her sleeping space she stepped to the floor, as if lowering herself down from a stair, and headed toward one of her wardrobes. Her lithe legs swished past each other in the shadows.

“What an irate girl you are Clarice. So you figured out Kanoe’s little secret. I knew it wouldn’t last, but it seemed so important to her. And it was Diane here who let it all slip?” Natsuki favored her servant with a poisonous smile. “My my. I’ll have to teach her some subtlety after she’s punished.” Diane’s head lifted sharply in disbelief. Before she could protest her mistress made a dismissive wave in her direction, and suddenly the nurse was clutching wildly at her throat, which had sunken inward, making a concave trench. The woman flailed about in her pink uniform, seeming to fight the air. Natsuki reached for something, continuing to talk as Diane choked in the background.

“You’re unhappy with how I treat Kanoe. Is that why you’re here? I can’t think of any other reason.” The deep gloom obscured Natsuki’s motions, but Claire could hear the telltale sounds of the woman clothing herself. “Come in if you like. I’ll light the room for you once I’ve dressed.”

Diane’s struggles weakened, and her gasps progressively quieted, until only her heaving chest showed her attempts to breathe. She grew slack, eyes rolling back in her head. Then the chamber flashed with light. The glare made Clarice’s eyes water. When her sight adjusted Natsuki stepped toward her.

Natsuki’s apparel suited Clarice’s impression of her as a monster. Her tight gown was crafted from some translucent black leather. Her pleated gown made a narrow sheath around her legs, enhancing her height, and parting near the bottom in a lurid spire, revealing the skirts beneath. A fountain of crimson velvet gushed onto the quartz to make a rippling train, spreading around her feet in a pool. A tracery of dark veins meshed Natsuki’s stomach closely, following the dip of her navel. A coruscating bodice plunged downward and lifted the being’s fine breasts, displaying her to the limits of modesty. Opalescent teeth radiated from the edges in lieu of lace, and four amber gems were studded on its front. Natsuki’s arms were clad in up to her pale biceps in the same glossy, seamless material as the rest of her dress, billowing out at the tops into armored points that soared above her head, leaving her shoulders bare. A collar of grim, attenuated spines made a collar around her neck. The spines curled and lengthened behind Natsuki’s head, and on them was stretched a scarlet film to create an imperial backdrop for Natsuki’s lofty visage. Natsuki seemed draped in some exotic creature's skin, no! That was exactly what it was. The four gems were crystallized eyes, the teeth just what they appeared to be. Natsuki's dress had been at one time some living creature, now mutilated and shaped to serve as clothing.

Last edited by niellwyn on Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:43 am
Profile YIM

She was sure to be very wary of the vixen now floating in front of her. She looks briefly to the nurse who was still kneeling before Natsuki and watches silently as her body was forced into the air. She knew the woman would no punish her for her sorry ways of lying and the fact she could've escaped, but she didn't know she would be suffocated. The woman was clawing for air, desperate to get life preserving oxygen into her lungs, yet she seemed to only lose more and more then regain any.

Frankly, Clarice lavished in watching her suffer for not understanding 'get' while the getting was good. Her sympathy had all but dried for the now weakly twitching nurse. Despite no sympathy led her to wonder how many times she’s gone through choking because of this monster. That would no doubt cause permanent damage to her if that was her usual punishment.

Her eyes blink closed from the sudden glare of lights, her immediate response was to cover her head with her arms to better adjust faster to the lighting. Upon focus... how she wished she had been blinded. But at least Natsuki was better dressed for the term monster Clarice had thought so frequently on. She couldn't help but take a step back to the gesture of coming any further.

"You've goaded me on to be quite unhappy. You're taking Kanoe sanity away from her by treating her like a pet. There's a distinct possibility I won't be able to stop you, but I would fail as having some commonsensical myself to not try to."

She was unsure how far she could possibly get in defending Kanoe without being 'punished' herself. Natsuki's display of power over the nurse was enough to make her quiver inside, but only on the inside. It would probably be until the very end that she would show any sense of fear. She was deathly afraid of suffocating, having had poor incidents happen at the pool with the creature's fellow monsters. She was proud of herself for not being phased by Diane's suffocating scene, but of course it wasn't her having the oxygen stripped from her either. That... and she utterly hated the woman.

"And I'd rather not come further in here. I'm sure someone like you understands why. I’m here specifically of getting you to come to some agreement… or you may very well not have someone to play with in the end if you keep this up."

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Natsuki bristled at Clarice’s words, the spines surrounding her neck arching upward in response to her anger. The train of Natsuki’s dress stretched behind her as she stalked her way toward the opinionated little witch. Her footsteps clicked the obdurate floor in a brisk rhythm. Clarice saw Diane sprawl outward in unconsciousness, her neck regaining a normal shape, and witnessed the approach of the terrible being which had enslaved her Kanoe. The immaculate being seemed to gain stature as she neared Clarice, holding her arms upward like a hunting insect.

“You impertinent, stupid girl!” The lights faltered at Natsuki’s enraged pronouncement. Natsuki waved a talon bearing glove and the double doors behind Clarice swung closed in a blast of wind. “I’m appalled that you, a witch, a woman who professes to harness the unknown mysteries of the universe, can display such reprehensible ignorance! You think I’m robbing your precious Kanoe of her sanity?” She swung out an arm, and Clarice’s perspective upended itself. Something strong and wet constricted around her middle and heaved on her body. The witch’s feet left the ground, the chamber whirled, and then she collapsed against the cool granite wall and slid to the floor. When Clarice’s vision reoriented itself she saw the door on the opposite side of the room. Natsuki’s shadow darkened her. The being scowled downward.

“For what reason do you believe you humans invented your religions, idiot girl? Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, all of them created to cope with the reality of powers beyond human kenning. That is the entire purpose of gods Clarice, to personify that which cannot be withstood or contained.” Natsuki’s lips peeled back in a smile. “Your Greeks were wiser than most, they admitted that aspect of religion from the outset. They believed fate ruled all of mankind, that every person was subject to the whim of capricious gods. And why did you create such gods? Because it is easier to accept and submit to a higher power than to go mad in futile resistance. Believe me girl, not you nor Kanoe are a match for the inhabitants of this place, not here, not now. Your Kanoe is remarkably fortunate that I’m interested in her. I’m your lover’s religion, so to speak.” Natsuki stepped back, allowing Clarice to stand if she wished. Her voice softened.

“By making Kanoe submit to me I’m preserving her sanity, not destroying it. I’m helping to reconcile her to the truth of her current predicament. I give her health and discipline to bear suffering, and I treat her with the kindness that her fragile psyche so needs. I provide structure and purpose to Kanoe's life that you never could, support her in ways you don’t even comprehend.” Natsuki folded her hands in a dignified posture; regarding Clarice complacently. “Now, I would love to punish you for disturbing my rest and scorning my subsequent invitation, but I’m civilized enough to forgive you for your limitations. So, I will hear this bargain you proffer. We will negotiate.”

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:27 pm
Profile YIM

She knew this was coming. Though direct insults on her mind power was taken lightly her eyebrows arched and furrowed to emphasize her glare when she directed questions at her about Kanoe. She expected the monster to be agitated and angry. Disturbing her sleep wasn't probably the true reason for her outrage and she shows it with an almighty force.

Something tightens around her chest, forcing the air quickly out of her lungs before she catches what was left. Her feet leave the ground as her body was forced to levitate unnaturally from the ground. She struggles quite a bit but the being had such a firm grip it was almost pointless to do so. She is forced to meet the cold wall and slides down fully to her knees. She coughs quite a few times, the breath completely knocked out of her. The air was almost like fire that torched her lungs... and yet it was such a relief to breathe again. She looks up and glares coldly at the girl as she nears her again.

"How... tehheeehhh... you perceive your ways is different from mine. Religion isn't the problem here... and it's apparent... someone thinks they're perfect in every way... w-when they're not even close."

She struggles to her feet, using the wall as a leverage as she heavies herself to standing in at least a semi-proper posture before continuing her cold stare. The vixen had some nerve to call herself a god.

"Preserving Kanoe's sanity. You do no such thing treating her like a pet instead of a fellow being. And you certainly didn't create Kanoe... so you have no rights of ownership either."

Finally able to get a proper breathing pattern again, she shrugs off what had just happened to her body and brushes herself of dirt to at least distract herself some from thinking too deeply on what this woman could do to her.

"Some odd hours of the night you decide to call upon Kanoe like a pet. I can't stop you from doing what you please... but hell will freeze over before I let her willingly come to you so you can do whatever you want with the woman. I don’t want you to ever come at night for her. If I had much of a choice it would be never. But you will give her the rest she needs or so help me I’ll make it extremely hard for you to be near Kanoe at all."

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:02 pm

Natsuki’s scowl took on a note of impatience. Presenting her back to Clarice, she strode over to the edge of her bed and diverted her attention upward to the window which served as a skylight. Waves played over her pallid features as she stared up the shaft of the well.

“You’re misrepresenting my analogy Clarice. I never said I was perfect. I’m not that arrogant. However, the difference between my capabilities and yours is the same as those between the mortals and the gods. You are helpless, and I am powerful. I’m pained to have to explain this to you so bluntly, but it is the truth.”

Natsuki examined her talons, disdainfully ignoring the crumpled witch. The chitinous blades which jutted out near her shoulders stabbed the air in a shrug. Lazily, the monstrous woman raised an arm, pointing at the skylight. The glass responded to her will, bowing inward as if pushed by the weight of water above. The sagging window resembled a crystal eye pushing its way out of the well. A gap appeared in the concave lens, an iris in the glistening eye. Impossibly, the water followed the curve of the lens, like the bottom of an enormous droplet, rippling along its surface. Natsuki dropped her arm and turned.

“Now Clarice. I will explain it again. You humans created religion because you were weak. The gods are mere representations of forces that mankind is unable to control. Ask yourself why obedience to the divine is such an omnipresent theme of religion and you’ll see that I’m correct. If a boulder is rolling toward you, does a person attempt to stop it, or do they run out of its way? If a man points a gun at you, you obey his orders. You and Kanoe are standing in front of a rolling boulder. I’m pushing Kanoe out of its way. Your refusal to accept the boulder’s might is a danger to yourself and a hindrance to me. Allow me then, to demonstrate your helplessness with a more concrete example.” Claire’s hair slithered into life, coiling into a shining bundle. Natsuki beckoned with a finger, and abruptly Claire felt an irresistible force drawing on her tresses. The force dragged her bodily across the smooth floor, despite her struggling. Natsuki’s laughter shook the walls. Claire’s unwilling journey halted at the hem of Natsuki’s gown, and she saw the evil woman smiling grimly down at her.

Claire left’s feet lost their connection to the ground. The walls blurred, and then she was plunged into a realm of cold and wet. Water surrounded her, weighing down her clothes. The aftermath of her splash sounded muffled in her ears. An array of swirling bubbles scintillated from a bright light from below her, giving Clarice something to orient on. Flailing in the direction of light, her hand encountered glass. Natsuki’s crimson bed wobbled blurrily in her sight. She had been sealed inside the well.

Something hauled Clarice to the surface of the water. A wall of stone ringed her in and stretched up far out of reach. Stars glimmered at the mouth of the well. Natsuki stood upon the water, her crimson trains bobbing in the pool.

“The Greeks asked themselves what they could do in a world where their fate was predetermined. And you Clarice, must find yourself asking ‘what do I do in an inescapable death trap?’” Natsuki blinked. “The answer is the same: the best you can.” With that Clarice lost her unseen support and was left to fend for herself in the bottom of the well.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm
Profile YIM

She could only glare coldly at the creature, still unwavering to let her get passed her built defenses and let her talk down to her thoroughly. What she said she cared little about; it was only action that made her blink in surprise. Her hair having a mind of its own was no doubt no the wind's doing.

The way the room changed was little then pleasant for her. How this woman could possibly know... Kanoe wouldn't have dared to have said anything about her inability to swim right? She watches disdainfully as a cylinder like shape slides down from the skylight and seems to form a few feet away from in front of the monster. She had seen things no human should ever see but distorting the room to her will? What was this creature?

Natsuki then suddenly beckons to her with confidence dripping from her expression. Her teeth grit as a force suddenly wraps itself around her being and begins to pull her abruptly to the vixen. She struggles and forces her feet to slide to her heel to maybe attempt in preventing herself from getting close. But it only made her feel more helpless when not a single inch faltered as she was brought to her knees. With an evil smirk she knew what the woman was going to do.

With a futile yell she tries her very best to escape the woman's clutches, but the immediate reaction was all the same. Suddenly thrown off her feet, Clarice’s disoriented mind only fluttered briefly until it clicked that she was surrounded by water… cold water. Her immediate reaction was a quick scream of fear followed by a few gurgles until she desperately climbs for the surface. Unlikely as it was, she felt her self pulled and for a moment she thought she was swimming. The hope was dashed when her hands reach out and grasp onto what felt like glass. She hauls herself beyond the surface, coughing incredibly and breathing in pound fulls of air she had lost by the sudden action.

Her head quickly turns to see Natsuki standing on the water, belittling her for not having the same power she did. With words much harder to say in this situation she can only grit her teeth and watch helplessly as the woman downsizes her. She couldn't let the monster get to her, but proving a point by threatening her very life did seem to click. The quick realization that she wouldn't be holding onto anything for who knew how long was another fear to be recognized. The woman wouldn't dare sentence her to death would she?

Eyes widen as the woman disappear from sight and her support followed with it. The abrupt loss of support makes her fumble for the wall underneath the water. Desperation took its hold of her mind and she was quickly clawing at the glass wall, digging her nails painfully into the side to keep herself from slipping under. Eyes cringe shut as she cries out solemnly from her nails in pain, but for now... it was the only thing that kept her from drowning. Her adrenaline would last... but she would most certainly be the water's victim in the end. Her splashing disturbed the surface; the small ripples seem to beckon at her back.

Not only was this water going to soon take the very life from her, but the water was absolutely freezing. Adrenaline could only cover up so much of her touch sense before she feels the very top of her body start to run cold. Another problem surfaced that her possible resistance to drowning had just been cut in half. One couldn't really tell if it was water or tears running down her face at this point. Her body was losing precious heat and wet clothes were certainly not helping. Her teeth begin to chatter together as she holds onto dear life. The cold water was like needles that sucked blood, but in this case heat from her body. In a vain attempt to keep herself steady she begins to undo her robes. Though not elastic as she wished, they were completely soaked so they couldn't take in anymore water. The need to live forces her to plunge her robe in a ball to make a sort of floating device. Quickly she gets onto it, holding the bottom of the robes together to prevent any air from escaping. It was working for now.

But she still had the problem of hypothermia. More then half of her body was squirming in dead cold water. She couldn't help but shake in fear and the fact she could see nothing. The well fell silent as she bobs only slightly on the surface. It was clear she was crying by the bitter taste she got from her gritting teeth. No one could possibly blame her for sobbing in such a horrible predicament. She had water, cold, and now the paranoid feeling she wasn't alone in this well all wrapped into one. She couldn't possibly think of anything else more horrible then this. She can look down and see Natsuki udnerneath below the ceiling. It was her only source of light and suddenly a slide of black metal slides udnerneath her, blocking anything of sight from her vision. Now all of her senses were useless to her.

Last edited by Clarice on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next