View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Climbing the Ladder (Anna) 

Post Re: Climbing the Ladder (Anna)
It was more difficult to read the woman. But the flickers of aura did give her some inkling of what was behind that smile. She doubts the woman was truly thanking her for punishing her like that. In any case, whether she was praised for the punishment of not did not mean much coming from the very student she punished. Anna did come here with a clear purpose in those eyes and that was a step up from their previous encounter. Now it was just a matter to see what this one had planned this time.

"Should I assume this is your resume then?" Vera replied cooly. She takes the folder and opens it. Flipping through the pages, she continued. "I did say before that changing your appearance is only a minor step so what made you change your attire further? You claim you understand why I punished you. Tell me why you were punished and what you were to learn from it." The Head Girl kept her eyes on the text that she was provided.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:13 am

"Of a sorts, Miss Matsumoto. I wanted to show you the kind of work I can do." It's not a conventional resume, at least. The pages upon pages of material outline the inner circle of the cheer squad and surrounding associates in the way the FBI might cover a crime family. Clearly someone's been digging through her tapes of The Sopranos and The Wire. The opening pages lay out a network of organized activities, ranging from a cheating scam involving intimidating or coercing a number of successful students, to a small but notable barter exchange for cigarettes, with sidebar notes about the trade of goods between students and scavenged from those who have disappeared. It seems, following this last semester's graduation, that a vacuum has been left behind in the meager "black market" of Shokushu that some of these girls are trying to fill ((Hah!)). But the bulk of the file consists of profiles surrounding the girls and a loose network of their peers that spreads out to athletes and school council members. The more detailed provide particularly lurid accounts of their personality quirks and weaknesses, associations, typical rules violations. In a perhaps too presumptive move, she's even suggested "effective means of disciplinary action" for some of the girls, as well as the best possible contact points by which to set up entrapment or strike at the social nucleus of the group. It's clear that Anna has devoted a substantial investment of time and effort on her back and in her room on the file. Celia's presence is notable in its absence, her name mentioned only in passing, only in situations that would not be incriminating for her. It seems Anna was careful about avoiding any parole violations.

Eyes watch Vera keenly as she reads, mild expression carefully looking for any emotional response as the other woman peruses the file. "I wouldn't presume to guess your intentions, Miss... But I've learned my efforts are best spent at the behest of others. The time spent was humiliating, sure, but I suppose that it taught me humility, that I have to back my actions up with words and that, perhaps my talents are best spent at the behest of those who can better utilize them than myself?"

Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:55 am

It was definitely not a typical resume. Rather than talking about herself, Anna instead provided information for a number of students throughout campus. She did notice that the so called Red Right Hand went quiet some time ago. She thought it was possibly the monster she made a deal with that took care of the matter. But there were still students trying to take over the operation and the underground market so she could not afford to rest yet. But this certainly cuts down on the searching and work that needed to be done.

This load of new information was going to put her to work for some time but in the end it would cut down on many issues that were happening on campus. Nothing was ever easy for a Head Girl. That still left the matter of the potential Prefect before her desk. She found the suggested punishments a step too far. Anna had no rank, position, or experience to suggest anything as such and she doubts the woman knew how punishments were decided.

"Well this is rather thorough and detailed, Miss Lenox," she said, closing the folder, "Your presentation is certainly above your previous attempt. But with your speech about wanting power before, I cannot help but doubt that you really wish this just to serve under me. Unfortunately, I have no real proof and the staff above only care for results which you seem capable of providing." Vera rose to her feet with a navy blue sash in hand, circling around her desk to approach Anna. She cupped a cheek with her free hand, smiling faintly. "I was not expecting you to put your hair into a bun. But I suppose it has some appeal to it. Stand."

Vera waited for her order to be obeyed. "Be very aware that once you have this sash, you represent me. My expectations will only grow once you become a Prefect. Do not fail me.." She pressed closer as she slipped the sash over Anna's head and across her chest. For ceremony purposes, it was easier to put it on the standard way though Vera herself wore her sash loosely around her hips. "Congratulations Anna, from now on you shall be my Prefect. Do know that I have two others who work beneathe me. Clarice Rossingnol who is currently out doing her duties and a temporary Prefect named Leriana Vallori. Miss Vallori usually works under Katya who you are somewhat familiar with."

She pulled away, smoothing her skirt as she stood before the now sashed Prefect. "I will make the necessary calls to have a new room key be provided to you. You are to live in one of the Prefect rooms in the far ends of the Dorms. What floor you are on will be what you are to keep and maintain. Though due to lack of personnel, you may have to watch other floors as well. Once you have moved, I shall provide you with duties and areas to patrol. Are there any questions, Miss Lenox?"

Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:53 pm

She stands silently, back straight, chest thrust forward, arms behind her back, perfect poised hourglass. Lips curve upward faintly as Vera questions her intentions but she remains quiet, breath held as her new superior leans in close, body radiating heat, cheek brushing against Vera's palm like an affectionate cat. Tongue dances quickly to lip as the new sash is nestled over her shoulder, snug around bountiful chest. She simply nods, taciturn, until the woman asks for her inputk, and then the answer is simple.

She shakes her head gently, fingers trailing the silky fabric of the sash. "Would you prefer I wear my hair differently?"

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 pm

"That is up to you," Vera answered, "I prefer that you do not hide behind a mask, especially if we are to work together. I do hope that the folder you provided is not all you will be providing. You have set my expectations with this interview and I expect no less than what you have thoroughly provided so far." The interview was rather short but she already knew much about this woman from the first visit. After being punished thoroughly, Anna still returned wishing to climb the ladder and that showed some promise to the Head Girl. Well thought out and prepared operations is what she expected from those below her yet above other students.

"There is one matter in your reports that I must speak of. As a Prefect, you do not decide the punishments. You are to merely collect and report all demerits to me." Of course there were unwritten rules about Prefects taking advantage of other students and using them for further gain. As long as order is maintain in the end, it did not really matter how the Prefects distribute demerits. But Vera wanted to make things clear as she had a feeling this one would try to push her boundaries now that she now a step above everyone else.

"Before you go," she continued, "I wish for you to tell me what my expectations of you as a Prefect are. You came to me before with rather forward desires and hopes that becoming higher would allow such selfish needs. What is it you hope for now that you have that sash over your chest?"

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Her demeanor is composed, fully aware that the Head Girl is looking to trip her up, looking for some mistake that she can exploit, and while she wouldn't mind being under this woman's heel, she's not ready to give up the new luxuries she's just earned. Her brow knits a little as Vera suggests she's not capable of giving punishments as a prefect. Well, that's one privilege she had been hoping for. "Miss, I just thought, perhaps, my intimate knowledge of some of these girl might provide some insight in how to properly discipline them. I didn't mean to step outside my bounds."

Eyes flick towards the door, but she lingers, unsure if she should leave or if the woman has other uses for her, before Vera's words stop her. Her head cants faintly to the side, as if in thought, but the ghost of a smile suggests she's rehearsed this interview ahead of time. "To put my talents to good use, Miss, in the hope that others can benefit and grow in the same way myself and Celia have." Pageant smile.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:10 am

"Very well, I see no reason to punish you for something you did not know and perhaps your knowledge will be taken into account when dealing with these individuals," she said calmly, "I will require your experience with these women if I am to punish them all within a reasonable time frame. Perhaps I can show you things you never thought of." It was not uncommon for Prefects to join her Head Girl in punishing students. She was certain that was the sort of power Anna was seeking over the other students and she was more than willing to let her have some fun as long as it was within her watchful eye. There were limits on how to punish students though it was doubtful that any student would believe that was true.

"Hmph.." she huffed softly, "Do save the rehearsed replies. I doubt you truly did a complete half circle. So do save me the fabrications before I lose my patience. I have better things to do with my time than to play this silly game. I have no use for Prefect who hides secrets from me so do not test me." Vera was a bit disappointed that this little act was still going. It was becoming annoying. She provided this woman and opportunity and she still is trying to make the Head Girl go through hoops for answers. That she was not going to tolerate at all.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:30 am

Eyes gleam as Vera dangles a carrot in front of her face. If she wanted a comfortable life here, that meant asserting herself as a threat to the other girls, and notoriety as Vera's right hand girl in disciplinary matters would certainly cement that reputation. As Vera cuts through her bullshit, her posture slowly relaxes, stiff shoulders sinking. Palms slip down her back, hands settling on her buttocks, playing absently with the fringe of her skirt. There's a slight shrug of shoulders, faintly sheepish, glimmer of a grin.

"Sorry, Miss. They say you're supposed to prepare for interviews and... Well, I was nervous." Her head is tipped for a moment in consideration, or at least an attempt to convince Vera she needs to think about her answer. "I want the creature comforts, Miss Matsumoto, as much as I can get. If I'm going to spend four years on this island, I want as much luxury as I can provide myself. In a few years, I want everything you have. I want the penthouse and the freedom to make my own decisions." She rocks forward on to the balls of her feet, leaning closer to Vera. "I want to be you, Miss Matsumoto. When you retire from this place, I want your position, I want to know what you have to teach me, and I want to earn your blessing, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get it." Her head dips, subtle curve of collar exposed, cheek turned to Vera. "There's foxes and there's hens, Miss. I don't want to be a hen anymore..."

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 am

Finally a straight answer from the woman. She was beginning to wonder if it was truly worth giving this one a sash. But with more information, she had something to build upon. "Preparing for interviews involves facts. Lies will only get you so far and will eventually come back to take everything you gained plus interest," she replied, "So your views have not changed. But at least they have more direction and an end goal." Vera stepped closer as she stroked the woman's cheek. "You want my position?" She asked, her finger tracing Anna's jawline before taking a firm grip of her chin, forcing their eyes to meet, "Then I suggest you quit your stupid little games. The staff will read past your masks of fake smiles and made up answers and I can assure you that they have far less patience than I. This is not tryouts for the cheer squad. This is a job and this is a business so treat them as such or else I will throw you back into a place with things far worse than foxes."

Her grip loosened as she stroked the woman's cheek once more. Vera's voice was soft any inkling of annoyance was gone before the chill that was her tone and composure. "You cannot be me. I would not have my name lowered by your greed. But, I can teach you many things. Perhaps they will bring you closer to the position you seek. Some Head Girls have retired recently. This time is as good as time as any to pursue your goal. But all it would take is one word from me and I can crush your little hopes and dreams in an instant. I am the hand that feeds you now. If you want to earn my favor, you best earn it and offer something worth my time."

Vera smiled faintly as she leaned in closer. A soft whisper would tickle Anna's ear as she spoke. "With that sash across your body and your dream in my hands, you belong to me now. I will not tolerate your games. You can play with the students if you like as long as it does not hinder their education or trouble me. You will not hide anything from me. Anything I want from you, you will provide. Learn this quickly and perhaps I can teach you a few things about being a fox as you call it." Her lips brush briefly against Anna's ear before pulling away. Her fingers lingered, stroking the woman's sides before there was once more space between them.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:26 am

"Mmhhmm..." she murmurs, lashes fluttering, warm cheek brushing against Vera's hand. Her posture and expression is pliant as the Head Girl's grip tightens, craned forward, pouty lips parted, body arched forward in expectation. The look in her eyes is more genuine: a mix of resignation and expectation, braced for violence, the look of a girl who's faced chronic abuse and has come to accept it merely as the way of the world, to savor it as the only form of passion she's been exposed to. She manages a faint nod from within the grip of Vera's hand, big wide eyes locked squarely on the Head Girl's pretty blues.

"Yes Miss Matsumoto, sorry Miss Matsumoto..." she murmurs, as the woman withdraws the fangs. A visible chill of excitement runs up her spine at the shift in tone, the warm, teasing words purred against her ear. There's a faint gasp, fingers tightening around the fringe of her skirt. "I will be your dog..." she whispers in assent, as Vera withdraws. She stares, bottom lip trembling. "Will that be all, Miss?" The air of menace unmatched to explicit violence or abuse, the general heat of expectation, leaves her awkward and unsure of how to act. Pearly teeth cruise over her lip, eyes down, darting intermittently to meet with Vera's.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm

"Mmm... I tend to prefer cats. You act more like one anyway," she replied. The emotions radiating from Anna's body were much more pleasant. She had no time to deal with lies and fakes. What she saw now was what this Prefect really was. The auras she saw and felt were difficult to read still. A mixture of contrasts and conflicts. Perhaps the woman did not know exactly what she wanted. But being under another's control did spark something in this student.

"I suppose if you have no further questions or comments, you may go and get packing. Perhaps Celia will be willing to help you," she teased, noting that the report had a few mentions of the new head cheerleader, "Someone at the main desk will have your new key. By the time you have finished moving, the paper work of your new promotion should have already gone through." With that, Vera turned and returned to her desk. She now had much more work that needed to be done thanks to this wealth of new information. But such was the life of a Head Girl.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:12 pm

Lips curve up at the roundabout compliment. Her head cocks curiously to the side, lips parted as if to speak, frozen in pose briefly as she thinks of how to carefully phrase herself around the situation. "I'd suggest, all personal animosities aside, and with all due respect, that Celia might be a creature to use to gain access to those girls, given the proper application of force." Tongue touches lips, sharp wolfen smile. "She would jump through hoops to avoid your wrath, and sacrifice anyone to avoid punishment. If your intention is to root them out, she'd make an admirable snitch. If the intention is containment, she could be routinely pumped for information." A brief bow of her head. "Just a suggestion to consider."

She swivels, slinks towards, the door. Fingers close over the knob, turn, before she reconsiders, back pressing against the closed door, turning back to face Vera. "And Miss?" She waits for acknowledgement before continuing. "If it would please you, and if I can borrow the proper utensils from the cafeteria, I'd like to cook you dinner sometime soon."

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:07 am

"Oh, I am quite aware of what Celia might do to avoid being punished once more. But as there is nothing in your file mentioning any particular activity from her, I have no reason to threaten her. She will obey one way or another. A pity though, seems several positions will be opening up on the cheer squad and my holidays will be spent punishing each and every one of them." Vera did not mind the suggestion. She knew that Anna was trying to vie for more power and position. But a steady hand was all it took to keep this woman from going out of control.

With current matters done with, Anna turned to leave only to stop at the door and ask another question. Vera smiled faintly at the offer. She was not aware that her new Prefect could cook, perhaps something that was learned during her time as a slave. If so, perhaps she will mentally thank Celia for molding this woman into something impressive. "Your new dorm room may have the necessary appliances. But I will call ahead to the cafeteria should you need anything specific. Good day, Anna."

Vera returned to her work, sending forth the proper paperwork to let the staff know that Anna was infact a real Prefect. She then looked at various sections that were currently spread thin between herself and her two other Prefects. With one Prefect being temporary while Katya was away, she could not really say this will reduce the work load too much. Still, having a fresh student to train would not doubt have its perks. Once she assigned some areas and duties for Anna, that left the matter of preparing rooms in the basement for the numerous students who thought they could hide from her.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:22 pm

"Thank you, Miss Matsumoto." She slips out the door, waiting for it to close behind her before leaning against the wall to recuperate her nerves. Her heart pounds quick, infectious grin twitching at her lips as her fingers stroke over the silky sash. It went as well as she could have figured and while she would have liked a little discipline from the stern upperclassman, it's not something she was willing to jeopardize all this for. Anna's Glorious Four Year Plan is finally in motion and while her head spins with the thought of her new privileges, all she can think of is taking a nice, long bath. She'll put her new sash to good use, intimidate a few poor girls into moving her things while she sinks into the steaming tub until her toes are pruned and the mirrors are blind with steam.

Humming to herself as she heads for the office, she mentally evaluates options for a dinner menu.

((That's a wrap, yes?))

Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3