View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Late Registration (niellwyn) 

Post Late Registration (niellwyn)
It's still her first day and it's been..... Well, "rocky" is about a thousand times too mild to describe it. Things itch in her mind that no psychologist would even consider remotely sane. So she's paced her room, she's cried her makeup to sludge and reapplied it a couple of times, shakily tried unpacking her room, crumpled the summons to the counselor a hundred times, only to turn back around and carefully unfold it each time. She's sitting on the edge of her bed now, summons in her lap as she tries to get her mind together. Come on, Anna. You can put on a show. You have to. So, knowing classes will be letting out any minute, that she'll have to go out and socialize one way or another, she pushes to her feet.

Anna squeezes into a tight pair of jeans, straps boots over it. She moseys to the mirror. Her eyes are puffy and damp. After a long consideration, she washes the makeup off, turns and gives herself an examination of her slim body in the light. She tugs a Frank Zappa midriff over her bra, wiggling it down until it settles a couple inches over her glimmering navel ring. Then she breathes a deep sigh, and steps out.

Long walks down long corridors. It's the last class and you'd figure more of the girls would have pissed out on it. But it's like they're scared of something. There really is something real Children of the Corn about this place, isn't there? Hackles raised, eyes combing the hallways as if she expects something to jump out at any moment, so on edge she nearly walks right in to the counselor's door. She steels herself, note crumpled in sweating high, and quietly, hesitantly knocks.

((I don't know how the first scene's going to go, but chronologically I'm wedging this after her encounter with Barbie. I don't know how that's going to end, so I'm trying to leave it vague, but I'm figuring either Anna has memories of the molestation and is trying to block it away, or it's been psychically clouded and she just has a vague, dreadful uneasiness about the whole place))

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Post Re: Late Registration (niellwyn)
“Come right in Anna.” The counselor sat in her seat, her legs crossed and sheathed in respectable, dark hose. She tapped a foot absently in high heels a shade darker than the burgundy lipstick that she was meticulously applying. Once done she experimented with a welcoming smile, interlacing her slim fingers over her knee. The room’s refrigerated atmosphere chilled the sweat on Anna’s skin. An air conditioning unit murmured to itself in a corner out of casual sight. “It is Anna. I remember you from your picture. Thank you for agreeing to see me Anna. Won’t you please sit? Would you like a drink? I know the first week of school in a new setting can be unnerving, and the heat takes some getting used to. I’m still not adjusted myself.” She gave a confiding laugh, flicking red tipped fingernails to indicate the temperature. The couch crinkled under Anna’s slight weight. The cushions were beige. Beige leather, of the sort used on hospital beds. The wallpaper was beige, intersected with vertical eggshell pinstripes. The carpet was beige. Counselors had a craving for everything bland, apparently. Even the shrink’s red business suit managed to be bland, the color of dull rust. “You can call me Ms. Saika, or Natsuki, if you prefer.”

Already Ms. Saika had Anna’s profile on her thigh. Slipping small spectacles over her ears she began to review, patting the loose bun knotted at the base of her neck. Then it appeared, the infamous instrument, a slim pen dancing round and round in her grip, flashing its metal embellishments. The woman hummed in her throat. The ticking of the clock drowned out the cooling unit. One second. Two seconds. Ms. Saika’s foot tapped. Three seconds. Tap. Four seconds. Tap…

Tap…

Tap. ..

Tap.

The counselor lifted her eyes, halting. “So what do you think of Shokushu Anna?”

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:49 am
Profile YIM

She puts on her face. Call it impertinent apathy. Her weight's shifted to one hip, brow curved archly. Was old girl putting on makeup, like, right before she stepped in? That strikes her as odd. She stares at the couch until long after Natsuki offers it to her, stares at it like it'll get her the same way that bed got Johnny Depp in Elm Street (God she used to love that movie). Anywhere else, it would just be a case of bratty bitchiness, but in this place? Hell, it might be a genuine concern. But she relents, finally, slinking over to the couch. She forces a smile at Natsuki, one of those forced smiles that's obviously forced, and sinks to a seat, arm across the back of the couch, slouched. She nods along as the counselor introduces herself. Then. silence. That tap-tap-tap, and instinctively she reaches for her pocket, pops one of those nicorette into her mouth.

Swirling fluid into her dry mouth, tongue flicking over sweet pink lips as she leans forward, eyes gleaming on Natsuki. This is business, baby. This is the mask. And you push all that bullshit out there in the hallways to the side and you make your pitch. "It's better than jail, I guess." She huffs. "Lady, I haven't been in school in five years. I'm not qualified for this. I couldn't pass a GED if I had to, and now I'm here. I mean, the girls are sexier than prison dykes and that beach is fucking gorgeous..." Alright, that's not what she meant to say. She pauses, finger pressed to temple. Takes a breath. "I'm not crazy, lady. I'm not a wayward youth. I'm not suicidal. I'm not crazy. I'm not a strung-out junkie. And trust me when I say I've dealt with plenty of counselors and shrinks and social workers. So let's cut to it. What sort of agreement do we need to reach here?"

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:04 am

For the first few seconds following Anna’s impertinent diatribe, the counselor had no response. Anna sat on the edge of the couch, her small mouth tight in a display of aggression. This girl was certainly everything that her profile said. She was belligerent, self possessed, energetic to an almost frenetic degree, and just quick witted enough to balance her impulsiveness. Natsuki rallied her mental resources. If she folded under the first barrage then Anna would surely dismiss her instantly, and all of her efforts would be to no avail.

Ms. Saika sank backward into her own seat with a small sigh, smoothly interlacing her hands over her knee as she re-crossed her slim legs. Be patient. Relax. Let the girl stew in anticipation long enough for doubt to creep in over her defenses. The counselor’s red stained lips creased in a smile calculated to appear predatory.

“You’re not one for subtleties are you Anna? But that’s alright. I can be blunt as well, since you insist.” Another pause gave Natsuki time to press the hem of her crimson suit, conveying a message of cool assurance as she considered her options. Anna was playing a game of dominance, vying for influence. The trap was twofold, steering the girl toward one of two roles, cat or mouse, ruler or subservient. Natsuki had to avoid both possibilities. She wouldn’t cede control to her patient, but neither would she let Anna play the martyr. “We’re strangers to each other Anna. You don’t know me, and apart from whatever this file says, I don’t know you.” The file folder was hefted, then nonchalantly tossed into the midst of the women. The papers slid out of the manila envelope and out over the coffee table. “All you see is a counselor, a barrier to your goals and an annoyance. There’s no sense hiding that, even if you could, and what’s more, I’m not bothered. Because Anna, all I see when I look at you is a job.” Natsuki allowed herself the slightest of smirks. “I’m not a counselor because fate threw me here, I’m here on purpose, because being a counselor helps me realize my own goals. But only so long as I continue to show results, “reforming” girls like yourself. So here’s the deal, now that everything is out in the open. You need these meetings to be as quick and painless as possible, correct? And I, Anna dear, need you to be obliging enough to show some improvement here in Shokushu, however that is measured. Can we at least agree that we need each other, for whatever reasons? Because otherwise neither of us is going to be happy.” Natsuki withdrew a sleek silvery case from a pocket, taking a cigarette from it and putting it to her lips. The flame of her lighter highlighted the thoughtful expression on her face. Anna had been offered a position of equality. Now the counselor had only to wonder what she would do with it.

Last edited by niellwyn on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:20 pm
Profile YIM

Her chin tips downwards as Natsumi speaks. A slow smirk plays on her lips, eyes coyly turning up towards her new counselor, thick lashes batted. "And exactly what kind of job do you see when you look at me, Miss?" She mentally makes a short list of possible 'goals' this woman might have working as a head doctor at an isolated, all-girl's school. "Professional renown" doesn't top the chart. Neither does "compassion". The shocking contrast of red and white certainly brings some mental images to mind. She needs to shift her tactics slightly, bob and weave, keep the femme on her toes.

Hands brush as Anna leans forward to poach a cigarette from the shrink's case. She flicks it between pouty lips, neck arched forward in expectation of a light. Fingers curl around the couch cushions as she thrusts herself into the older woman's personal space. Clean pink lips curl in a near-purr. "I can't say I need much of anything, Miss. I'm a pretty self-sufficient girl, see. Stick me just about anywhere and I'm happy as a cat in a window sill. Now what's it going to take to keep you as happy as I am?"

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 am

Natsuki’s cigarette tilted loosely from her fingers, disintegrating into a cloying vapor. She let it burn, forgotten, like a stick of incense, while Anna raided her case for her own in a fit of opportunism. So the girl was still maneuvering, despite guaranteed equality. Ambitious. Anna was watching her intently, waiting for Natsuki to light her cigarette. Would she respect her counselor for maintaining politeness in the face of her presumptuousness? Natsuki doubted it. She could toss the lighter onto the couch. Then there would no longer be any excuse for her to maintain her proximity; she could either retreat and save face by lighting up or abandon all pretenses at civility. The counselor grimaced in distaste at the idea. It was too blatant. The proper tactic was indifference. She took a drag off her cigarette, rolling the harsh smog over her tongue while Anna remained leaning expectantly with lips pursed forward around her cigarette, as if prepared for a kiss. The image prompted an idea, making Natsuki resume her smiling. She bent forward , touching the ember of her cigarette to Anna’s until both glowed, lingering long enough to accent the implied intimacy.

“Well that’s nice Anna. Self sufficiency is such a desirable trait.” With a sigh she resumed her former languid posture. “Should I focus on what you want then? As for my needs, I don’t require anything onerous. Just show up every session, like you have done today, and that will be a good beginning. While you’re here I want you to talk to me. I don’t care what about, so long as you’re speaking. I won’t even respond until you ask me to. Do that, and take any medications I prescribe, and I’ll be, how did you put it? Happy as a cat in a window sill?” Chuckling, she knocked ash into a crystal tray. “It’s happy as a cat on a windowsill, by the way Anna. Whatever you think, your schooling here will be valuable, I promise.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:57 pm
Profile YIM

Fuck. She doesn't need anyone to tell her she's equal. Equal as a person. But the counselor still holds all the cards. Even if she's sincere about it all, she's still the one in charge. Their cigarettes kiss. Anna takes a blissful drag, but doesn't so much as retreat from Natsuki's space. Eyes read her expression like a poker player, noticing the grimace and filing it away. She remains cool, blank-faced.

She listens through the woman's lecture, listening, measured, as the woman outlines their objectives to success. Then she tries for clever and Anna's eyes darken. Face-to-face, leaning close. Her voice has a mean edge to it. Correcting her speech? Really? "Back up, teach. To start off, you can try not being condescending, yeah?" She taps her cigarette carelessly over the ground. "And while we're at it... There's no way I'm going to let you keep me medicated."

Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:13 pm

There. That barb had touched flesh. Natsuki studied the way her patient bristled, invading her space more obviously as her voice shifted to a dangerous pitch. Ms. Saika felt assured enough that she grinned in the face of the angry girl, keeping the hot cherry of her cigarette outthrust like a lance as a warning against further approach.

“Oh don’t act so offended. All I’m saying is that being here will be beneficial to you, even if you do think you’re unqualified. But how does this sound? I’ll refrain from being condescending if you’ll tone down your attitude slightly. We both know what you’re trying to do, and it’s pointless. I sympathize, truly. The simple fact that you’re here means that somebody with some authority is judging you negatively. I can appreciate how irritating that can be, but everything will be much smoother once we can be polite. You’ve never even thanked me for your cigarette.” Natsuki adopted an air of boredom, glancing at the clock past Anna’s head. “Like I said before, I’m not the one that’s judging you. My job is to convince whoever is that you’re making some “improvement”.” The counselor described quotes in the air with her fingers, causing her cigarette to wobble, tracing diagrams with smoke.

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:49 am
Profile YIM

"I wouldn't have thanked you for a carrot on a stick, either," she responds, blandly. Eyes have returned to that vacuous, bored state. Her attention moves to her cigarette, turning it over in her finger, cherry dancing dangerously close to knuckles. "Like I said, lady. I'm not nuts. I'm just energetic. There's not much you need to prove." She smirks around her cigarette, settled back into her mouth. "But we all know they find energetic women intimidating." Okay. Half-truths and all that.

She listens to Natsuki speak dully, finally offers a shrug. "So write down your reports, and give me bottles and bottles of drugs to flush down the toilet and I'll play sweet-and-sugary back on campus. Is that it? Can I go?"

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:03 pm

"Carrot on a stick?" Natsuki mouthed the words as if chewing on some novel confection. A peal of laughter compressed her features, banishing her detached expression to substitute it with a pink glow of mirth. She waved her cigarette about to keep any further hilarious comments at bay while she recovered. "Oh Anna!" the counselor said at last, beaming. "I knew you were smart. You'll fit right in here. Carrot on a stick indeed." She indulged in another chuckle. "Of course, I never offered you that cigarette, but I would have." Winking, Natsuki brushed curlicues of blue smoke aside to indicate the door. "Go on go on. Play sweet and sugary, like you said, and I'll worry about how to spin your behavior to my superiors. Though I feel obliged to warn you. Prescription drug use has been mandated by the school, so there's nothing I can do about that. The nurses will regularly examine you to verify that you're on your regimen." Regret pushed Natsuki's lips into a downward crescent. "However!" she continued, slapping her hands down upon her knees briskly. "I'll see to it that your medication is light. Very mild tranquilizers, sleeping pills in essence, mood elevators....placebos if I can manage it, though it will require some hoodwinkery."

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Profile YIM

(( ;) I reitirate, depending on the situation, I'm not always going to give you a novel))

She just stares blankly at Natsuki. As far as she's concerned, this whole thing is done. "'ppreciate it..... You got medical marijuana stored away in your cabinet? I hear it does wonders for anxiety."

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Ms. Saika craned an eyebrow incredulously. Snubbing her cigarette to death in the crystal tray she jerked her chin in a brisk negation. Marijuana would not be part of Anna’s regimen.

“You’ll have to act differently to convince me that you’re anxious Anna.” The counselor said wryly. “But more importantly, Shokushu is too conservative to allow that, considering the current political climate. I’m afraid the only marijuana you’ll find on campus will be of the illicit and distinctly non-medical variety.” With business concluded, Ms. Saika’s gaze wandered over Anna in manner that was not quite professional. “I will see you later on Anna dear. Try to enjoy yourself.”

((OOC) Just so long as you extend me the same privilege from time to time.)

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:29 pm
Profile YIM

Alright, so there's no sleeping her way to prescription pot, but the lady seemed to imply there are plants are around here. doesn't surprise Anna. And besides, there's probably plenty of other goodies hidden away in the school pharmacy. Her lips pucker around the cigarette, playfully trailing Ms. Saika, a brief flash of coy nymphet, letting out a trail of smoke, tongue trailing lips.

She leans back, stubbing out her cigarette. She slides another from Ms. Saika's cigarette case. "You have someone else coming by? Because I was just figuring I might chill here. I mean, you can write absence notes, right?". She grins. "I'm curious about what objectives a head doctor might have in a place like this."

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:31 am

Ms. Saika coolly snaps the lid shut on her cigarette case after Anna helped herself, secreting it in a close by drawer. She thought they had come to an understanding of sorts, but it was a tenuous one at best. The counselor admired her patient’s egotistical personality along with her practiced cunning. Anna knew exactly how to hold her lips while she smoked to project a lascivious air. The right audience would find her expression naively seductive. Little minx.

“No Anna, I’m free for the remainder of the day. Why? Did you want to talk about yourself? I can arrange an excused absence from class if our session turns out to be productive.” Natsuki crossed her arms. “Tit for tat Anna. Are you willing to share?”

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:50 pm
Profile YIM

Eyes sparkle, lounging back on the couch, eyes attentive on the counselor, almost unnerving, really. Eyes eat her up. "Miss, I'll share anything with you," she purrs. "That's your job, right? Listening. And we are equals." She pushes to her feet lifting up in a languid stretch, long arms crossed to the palm, midriff rising, body poured into the blue low-riders. She yawns. Setting to pace the room, eyes wandering over the shrink's set-up. But they keep drifting back to her. Smoke trails her in whisps. "So what do you want to know? And.... you got something to drink around here?"

Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next