View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Rumor Mill Victims (For Kanoe) 

Post Re: Rumor Mill Victims (For Kanoe)
"Its fine, I would not have asked it were trouble," she reassured the woman as she went to make the tea. She could return with a tray, pouring a cup for Charlotte before doing the same for herself. "Well if you look long enough, I am sure you will meet others. Or if you happen to be by here while I have a guest I can introduce you. A few gifted students have come to me, wishing for whatever guidance I can provide. But most of them do not come by too often sadly."

"Talk with spirits? Some may have attempted summoning type magicks. But otherwise no, I can only see mana and that is about the limits of the other students as well," Kanoe answered, "That is a rather specific topic. Do you have to deal with spirits when using light and earth magicks?" She was uncertain what would even be classified as a spirit. Spectre, the first monster she encountered was an other planar being or force but she could not say if it was truly a spirit. It was certainly was not what she intended on summoning thats for sure.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:27 am

She took the cup of hot tea taking a sip calmly nodding faintly.
”Being introduced would be nice... but you give guidance, so you're a teacher then?”
she agreed though, it was too bad that her 'students' didn't come more often. She contemplated the mention of guidance for a bit longer, she knew that she herself wouldn't mind some help in her studies, it was true; she had the focus and raw power available for magic but, it was another thing actualizing the potential, she always felt she used too much energy on single simple spells. She would have loved to learn how to fix that, and expand her knowledge.

Then Kanoe continued, responding the her question she shook her head a little bit.
“No actually, light and earth magicks never require working with spirits. I mean they're harmless other than talking to me until I wish I was deaf half the time, and giving a bit of a chill now and then. They can't interact with living things as far as I've seen they just pass right through then they try,
she explained some taking a few sips of tea before continuing.
”And not all of them look human either; so many different things. I've been able to see them as far back as I remember too so it's not just here either. Honestly I was just hoping I wasn't the only one that can talk to these things and see them.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Lamenting lover Christopher

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 am

"I would not call myself a teacher," she said calmly, "But, I seem to have more resources and experience than most students and some of these students have only begun studying the art while on the island. I do what I can to assist them and they provide some form of... compensation." It seemed almost too common that most students were willing to pay with their body and freedom. But she did not mind, it allowed her to have fun with her little playmates and pets.

"I see," she continued, "I am sorry to say that you are the first that I have met to deal with such things. I wish I could provide you with more information but I do not know how to stop hearing ghosts much less any other planar being." Kanoe sipped her tea, enjoying the casual conversation. "I may be able to help you with your notes. I have notes of my own as well as small database of ancient cultures and occult arts." She was usually fine with offering a bit of a taste of what Kanoe had available. Depending on the person and the skill level will depend if this woman will wish her help or not and how much she was willing to trade for it.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:15 am

The way Kanoe used the term compensation caused just a bit of discomfort but, she was sure it wasn't anything illegal. She sipped again at her tea a bit disheartened by the words; hopes sunk and her expression slipped back to the blank thoughtful one once again. She shook her head once again placing the teacup down for a few moments,
”Well, It was just a weak bit of hope, didn't really expect others like me in that way.”
she was honest here she had no reason not to be.

She placed her hands folded on her lap taking a calming breath as she mentioned her own store of information and she softly shifted in her chair.
”That would be nice actually. How many years of notes have you amassed?
the databases on ancient cultures & occult arts would also be useful but, she was more interested in things that were already analyzed for her, to save her effort.
”Wouldn't mind someone to study & practice with to be perfectly honest. It gets rather lonely alone, and there are some spells you just need someone else to try that I've never quite had the pleasure of using on anything other than animals.”
most of which actually survived her attempts...

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:32 am

"I am uncertain really," she said with a faint smirk, "The laptop was given to me by another and I have yet to go through all the information in there. I have studied magic since I was a child so I have a few years that is more or less accurate. But you know how it is, always finding mistakes in translations. I am not sure how much I have about light and earth type spells but perhaps your experience will be of use in finding it through what tomes and scrolls i have."

Despite how cold she was to other people, she never used magic on animals. Monsters did not count as animals of course. She usually used her magic on objects if anything which led to a number of trips to the basement and other forms of punishment for breaking school property. Charlotte was interested so Kanoe rose to her feet and went to her closet to pull out a numer of journals, notepads, and notebooks. "I did my best to organize what I have. Most are organized by sources. You may look through some of it to see if any of it may be of interest to you. Magic is different for every culture so I would not be surprised if my type of notes are not as useful as I hoped."

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:40 am

Most of the magics she attempted on animals were completely harmless, though she did of course make a mistake with casting once or twice, she wasn't sure it harmed the animals but, she never did see them again.
As kanoe brought some of her notes over she looked at them a bit bright eyed, she was smiling faintly now
'Well, I've memorized the runes for light, earth & water in most of the commonly found runic forms and several of the less common so spotting those shouldn't be too much trouble. What I would love to do though, is learn the runes for the other base elements of course I don't expect I'll be able to easily anyway. As for how you did your notes, I'll be fine any notes are better than having to directly find & decipher everything myself”

She finished her tea then.
”Remember I said I'd been trapped in the library for an evening with a student, she was interested in magic too, you wouldn't happen to know a girl named Ishtar would you?”
and idle curiousity as she waited for kanoe to finish deciding what notes to bring to the table.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:04 am

They continued their casual conversation. Charlotte seemed pleased in being able to look through some of Kanoe's notes. Of course, there was not enough time to look through all of it in one sitting. But it would be a start in wetting this one's appetitie. The new student approached any magical information much like Kanoe did. If it involves magic, take what you can get. A good path to follow she thought.

The topic about being trapped in the library came up and mentioned the other student being Ishtar. Kanoe smiled faintly and nodded her head. "Yes, I know her. She comes for assistance from time to time. Unfortunately, she does not come too often." Ishtar was an interesting one. She was one her apprentices that willingly gave herself in order to learn more. But the thing that bothered her was how nonchalant the woman was. It was probably due to the losing her memories but the woman showed no interest nor resistance to being her little pet which did kinda spoil some of her fun.

"Seems you have some luck in finding gifted students," she added, "Have you found anything of interest or use to you in my notes, Charlotte?"

Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:40 am

Charlotte looked through the notes as quickly as she could to find whatever familiar runes she could. She saw the various adjectives she recognized. She could understand only bits and pieces of the spells. Finally she smiled; she thought she was understanding some of it.
”Oh this is absolutely beautiful! All of it, you take these notes very well, some of it could be clearer of course but, your experience does shine through far better than my own. It's what I imagined my own collection of notes would look like in a few years...”

She was excited to be sure. She smiled faintly and the smile would fade slowly as she remembered the mention of compensation earlier. She turned to her bag taking out a pen and a sheet of paper she wan't going to write anything she saw down; instead she jotted down some runes before stuffing the paper away into her bag, the runes wouldn't be familiar looking to Kanoe.
”So Ishtar is also one of those huh? She wanted to learn a little from me too actually... I told her I'd help her next new moon actually.”
she changed the topic for a moment before standing and dusting off her skirt stretching a little bit.
”sorry legs are getting a little stiff from sitting for so long.”

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:06 am

The calm composure quickly faded from Charlotte's features as the woman tried to take in as much as possible. Though a computer would be easier to contain so much information, computers generally did not have programs for writing runes and glyphs. This led to numerous binders and journals filled with all Kanoe could write down. Still, it seemed to please the new student greatly. The woman only paused briefly to pull out something to write with. The witch would not mind her writing some notes down. It was no different from what she writes down after deciphering the tomes and texts she finds. Charlotte did not write much down and what little she saw did not seem to be from anything she could remember writing herself.

The new student took a short break, taking a moment to stretch her legs after sitting for so long. "No need to apologize," she said simply, "It is good to see you relaxing a bit. Would you like something to eat perhaps? It would save you a trip and allow you a bit more time to read over what I have." Kanoe did not mind the company and she was pleased herself that she was getting along well with this new student.

Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 am

What Charlotte had written down would remain a mystery. She spent a few moments thinking about Kanoe's offer, she smiled; faintly nodding.
”Food would be nice actually. I'm not picky or allergic to anything so don't bother yourself with picking anything difficult.”
she was a bit more relaxed now than at first, the kindness Kanoe was showing was refreshing.

When done she returned to her seat pulling out a slightly newer notebook from her bag; of the four or five she actually carried, it was probably in the best condition.
”I hope you don't mind if I take a few notes seems to be a waste to just look.”
She commented waiting for a respons,e and when she did would take notes if allowed.

”Would you be breaking any promises if you were to tell me the names of a few other of the gifted students? Would be nice to know if any of them are in other classes of mine, I can actually approach them if I had names.”

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:00 am

With Charlotte agreeing to stay for dinner, the witch rose to her feet and headed for the kitchen. She pondered for a bit one what would be good for them to eat. Kanoe usually ate light when studying mainly to eat quickly and to avoid making a mess. But with a guest, she decided to begin boiling water to make spaghetti. They can always put the notes to the side to avoid staining the pages.

"Feel free," she replied, "I expected you would want to write some of it down." Kanoe was stirring the noodles as Charlotte continued to take in as much of her notes as possible. She did ask an interesting question about mentioning the others. With other students, she always kept silent and never give any names. She would of course mention she had other pets or apprentices but nothing more than that. "They have not personally asked for my silence," she answered, "But I give it anyway. I can tell you that Claire is gifted and she is my partner. But you will probably not have much chance to speak with her. She is a Prefect and that tends to eat up much of her time. Just like you do not want others talking about your sharp teeth and vampiric qualities, I give the same respects to my fellow mages. Should you meet by chance, I willl gladly introduce you to them of course."

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:20 am

Watched Kanoe head over to start cooking as she jotted down a few notes on a well detailed flame based spell, one where most of the runes had been unfamiliar except the term 'swirling'. As Kanoe explained her personal choice to keep her 'pets' names hidden and the reason for it she couldn't help but glance away for half a second from her work nodding a bit.
”Good point. I'll just have to work on a better way to find them on my own; or maybe luck' will just draw me to them.”

It struck her then about the use of the term partner for Claire, she thought it over for a bit but, decided not to ask about it further, it was probably too personal. Instead she moved to another topic.
”Onto a different topic then, is there anywhere safe to actually practice other than our rooms? I'd imagine such a cramped space wouldn't be the best suited for more 'flashy' castings; or more destructive ones.”
It was obvious that this was the first conversation that she'd had that had been actually a choice for her to partake in, and had been enjoyed.

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 am

She was glad that the new student did not take any offense with her choice. The witch was certain the others would not mind. But personally, she did not like having her name tossed around too much. Unless it was about her good looks of course. Kanoe glanced back briefly to ensure Charlotte was doing alright. The woman was going non stop with her notes. At least this one had a similar drive for knowledge like herself. "Do you need more tea?" she asked, still finishing up making the noodles.

"Yes, the school is not fond of me damaging property just for practice," she said softly, "Unfortunately, there is not many places to go. Some go out near the woods or deeper. But, those places are more suited but can be more dangerous. Umm... I have not told you yet but there are strange things on this island. Telling you can see spirits, this might be easier to explain than to other students. There are monsters... Monsters that want nothing more than to tear off your uniform and have their way with you. They do not aim to kill, they aim to pleasure and dominate. I was unsure how else to bring this up but I did not want you going off campus to suddenly ambushed. It seems to only happen to certain students but magic users seem to be top of the list sometimes." Kanoe sighed, she did not want to bring up such a dreary topic. But what choice did she really have?

She poured out the hot water. She added butter to their dinner and made a plate for each of them. Kanoe would wait for the table to clear off a bit before placing the plates down and then leaving to return with cheese and sauce if Charlotte wished to add it to her meal.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:34 am

She was glad to have met someone with similar mindset for seeking knowledge. She didn't mind people mentioning her name though but, she didn't say anything on that, there was no reason to.
”Some more tea would be nice actually, thank you.”
She finished copying a page of notes on the one spell and assuming that Kanoe was almost done, that she should move the notebooks out of the way she placed them aside carefully before moving back to the table.

She listened to Kanoe about the places to practicce, it didn't sound like there were too many options really but, the forest sounded good; and probably with a few extra spells to hide what she was doiong, the roof would work. Her mind at first completely skipped the mention of monsters.
”A pity, suppose I can make do with barriers for things that could be damaged..”.

For now it 'seemed' as though she was taking the mention of horrible rape monsters quite well. While infact it took several moments for it to actually sink in. and when it finally had she nearly shot out of her chair turning to Kanoe, the expression she had on her face was vague still but, 'what the fuck?!' was as good a way to explain it as anything else.
”Did you just say monsters? And they'd like to do what exactly to me again, I'm not sure I heard you right, I think maybe my mind was too into the notes still when you said that. Magic users are on the top of the list for these monsters that like to do what?”

Jeanette Rose Thompson

The True Pandora's Box

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 am

"Careful!" she said when the woman suddenly stood up, "Yes, monsters. They do not seem to want to kill any of us and any attempts to spread the word is immediately seen as crazy talk. I believe the staff is covering it up and perhaps even the Head Girls. The attacks are rare overall but are common for a small amount of the student body. I... I am sadly part of that small percentage and so far all mages I have met have encountered a monster and were raped. Yes, they seem intent on raping us. Whether it is to feed on our fluids or for their own personal enjoyment, their goal is to dominate us sexual. Some toy with our thoughts and emotions, intent on breaking us down. Make us more willing..."

Her nipples grew hard as she talked about what those creatures do to students, the hardened nubs poking through the fabric of her bra and blouse. "Also... Our powers are limited on this island for some reason. Some of us have enough power to still use some attack spells but they are dulled to the point of not being enough to stop them. The best you can hope for is to run and hide if one is hunting you. But by then..." She shook her head. "I apologize. I did not mean to ruin the mood. It is never easy to speak of this to new students. Sometimes, they won't even believe me and find out the hard way."

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next