View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 An Unexpected Guest (Camryn) 

Post An Unexpected Guest (Camryn)
Dismissed for the day, students poured out into the halls and soon were scattering throughout campus. Some were heading for another class to attend while others were returning to the dorms or meeting with friends in the food court. Kanoe was one who was done with classes for the day and was rather grateful for it. The silver clasp hanging at the end of her long braid lightly beats against the small of her back as she followed the path back to her dorm building.

As usual, the dark witch ignored the other students though she could not help but smile faintly at some of the jealous stares she earned as students gazed at her lovely form. Despite there being safety in numbers, Kanoe kept her distance from everyone else. After two years of being on this island, most already knew to stay away from the witch. Things were better this way. She would not have to pretend to be normal or that she actually cared for anything ordinary students may have to say or think. With all she had been through, being alone simply felt safer for her now.

Alone, shaking her head slightly she ran her keycard through the lock of her door. She already knew her lover would not be in there. No doubt Clarice was out doing her duties as a Prefect for Vera or attending to the needs of Natsuki. Looks like it would be another night alone, again. The witch stepped in and prepared to change out of her tight fitting uniform.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Post Re: An Unexpected Guest (Camryn)
The Red Haired beauty, some already called me. I don't care for nicknames though. I came to this island for one reason, and one reason only, to find out what is going on. This, campus has a lot of strange things already. All of the students I have met, have been female, and a lot of them were weird, or unique, take your pick. I have finally tracked down Dawn's REAL diary, and kept it to myself. Apparently, to my surprise and amazement, my dear sister has been in this place for over 5 years. That can only mean, what ever this place is, time goes by faster.

I have quickly learned more from reading her entries, there are...well attacks on this place by "monsters." They apparently hunt the females on the campus for satisfaction, and I can only dread what my sister went through in this hell hole for so long. It would explain a lot how she acted when she returned to me, all of her new changes. However, I still don't know why. Why? That is one question I have to get answered, no one would do this without a reason. Is the owner of this place that... fiendish, that crazy to do this? He has to pay, for what he or it, has done. Not only to my sister, or to her class, but to everyone else that failed to go back to where ever they came from.

I have been trying to track down some people listed in my Dawn's Diary. Mainly included this group was this "Head Girls" group. I am having a very hard time trying to track down the group. I asked around for this, Madison, person, I got no where. Everyone said she has disappeared.

Next was another one of Dawn's classmates, and a close friend from what I have read so far, Linnis. She is also missing in action, and from what I know, she has been appearing, disappearing over and over for awhile.

I'm having a even harder time trying to track down Vera and Katya. They are around, but apparently they don't show there faces around campus much anymore. Sigh.

I was out of leads, apparently none of the Head Girls are able to talk, all of them are either disappeared, gone, or just unable to be found. It's going to take a miracle to find someone that is able to say something about the "Head Girl" thing. I have to find out what my sister was apart of, maybe that will yield some leads. Because, sure as nothing else is giving me any leads.

I am near one of the buildings. There was a lot of noise coming from it, students were spread out across the area. Some sitting around reading, others talking to each other, while others are just walking in and out of the building. It's worth a shot I guess. It is going to be weird to walk up and ask about someone that they might not know about. Have to try though, it is all I can do for my beloved sister.

"Do you know of a Dawn Portman by any chance?" I asked several students to no avail, I have heard from one of them, "Ms. Portman? No I'm afraid not. I believe the Captain left the campus." The Captain? What was that all about? I have to keep trying, someone, SHOULD know a bit more about my sister.

Camryn Portman, Dawn's younger sister.
Camryn's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6262

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am

Finding out about an ex Head Girl was not entirely difficult but it was not simple either. New students are educated on who their Head Girls were during orientation. But if that Head Girl had already left then no one would know about the woman even if she was in the highest position on campus. The opposite could be said for older students. Kanoe knew who the Head Girls were but never knew that one of them had left. She had doubts that leaving was even possible on this cursed island.

As the witch approached the dorm building, she could see a red haired woman moving from student to student. A question was asked then after a shake of the head, the woman was already moving towards another student. The question became clearer as Kanoe continued to her dorms. Dawn Portman? Why would anyone want to find a Head Girl? Probably another one of those students eager to get a sash like some sort of teacher's pet.

She intended on ignoring the woman if it were not the fact the young woman stopped infront of her. Of course the same question came. Sighing softly she frowned at the new student, "You probably should go to the main tower or to administration if you want to ask about Head Girls." It was about as close to kindness as Kanoe would get for a stranger. She of course did not know any of the Head Girls personally. She knew of Vera due to her lover's involvement as a Prefect. But only the elite or the most troublesome of students could possibly know a Head Girl personally and it is usually a very unpleasant encounter.

Having given her advice, the witch stepped around the red head and proceeded into the dorms to what she intended in the first place.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:53 pm

I have an odd feeling this new girl I stopped in front of was not telling the truth to me. No I didn't have any of Dawn's new found abilities, but her manner was different from the others. While the other students generally had no clue, and didn't hesitate to answer my question. There was a slight pause in this one, as if she was annoyed or something. Then giving me such an odd answer is not what I had in mind. I don't even know where the Tower was, nor the Administration building for that matter. I'm not like my sister, she has the patience, I don't when I know someone is deliberately lying to me. So, I do what I have always done...

I grabbed her right arm as she brushed against me, and I held on to it hard, "Look, I don't have my sister's patience. All I am looking for, is information, and what my sister was doing as this *Head Girl* thing. You get me?" I made sure this girl got my message, Dawn is all I care about, and all this, secretiveness is getting on my nerves. People whom apparently knew, weren't talking, others who didn't, didn't try to find out. That is pretty aggravating in my eyes. "So are you going to tell me what my sister was doing on this campus or not?"

This might not have been the best approach to things, but from what I have seen, this campus can't be trusted. As far as I am concerned, unless this girl can tell me I can trust her, or prove the fact that I can trust her, I'm not going to go easy on her. It...just isn't my style. But, needless to say, where is the Tower, or the Administration building? All I have gotten so far, was letters from them. With directions and stuff, nothing else. So it isn't like I knew anything else that goes on about this campus any how. No guides, no nothing. It is like, they drop you here, give you directions, then let you do your own stuff. How does that count as a great school? Give me a break.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:14 am

Things were never be simple. Once more, her attempt to return to her room was halted as the girl grabbed her arm. Persistent but, this was just foolish. She assisted the woman and this was the thanks she got? The witch had better things to do than to deal with a brat that does not listen. Usually Kanoe was one to remain calm but, these ignorant threats were truly grating on her nerves.

The dark witch looked over at the red headed woman, looking her straight in the eye. "I told you where you could possibly find more information. It is not my job to keep tabs on your sister nor is it any other students job in this school. As I said before, speak to the Head Girls if you want to konw what they do. As for what she was doing here, working for her degree like any other student on this campus while staying out of trouble. Though in her case she may be the one to cause trouble. Now, release me before I truly get annoyed." she said with a soft hiss. Her voice had grown darker as she spoke perhaps more than she intended. Practicing the dark arts did bring the worse out of her as her mana flared from her growing annoyance and anger.

This random conversation had gone on long enough. If this student was not going to release her soon, she may have to do it by force. With the other students moving into the building or heading to their next class, Kanoe was considering channeling and getting rid of this brat. A new student who did not even know what a Head Girl is wanted to threaten her? This pest was going to learn the hard way on how things work on this island.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:36 pm

"Don't think because Dawn is nice to others, I am the same way. You ARE going to tell me what other things you know about my older sister." Jeeze was all of there manners like this to new students? Sure I am new, but none of them have been helpful since I arrived here. "I may not know what my older sister was doing as this, Head Girl thing, but one thing I have learned is none of you can be trusted. Don't threaten me girl, or you will find yourself on my bad side." I can't say I like where this is going, but this person was asking for it. She knew more then she let on, and her stupid attitude was just pissing me off that much more.

My sister has warned me before I should watch my temper, but I am getting on this campus, my temper, fiery temper is going to be a plus. I did notice the girl I was, holding was turning dark, or darkish. I could careless though, my sister was more important to me. Whatever "magic" or stuff goes on around here shouldn't effect me too much. I read books about how some humans were able to actually do magic stuff. Nothing like the anime and Star Wars with there force lightning and such, but enough to impress someone.

The campus held a lot more secrets then I have realized, maybe I should be a tad bit more careful. I will get to the bottom of this, I have promised Dawn that I would and be back home with her. And I will not break that promise, I will do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of all of this. If I have to hurt students to do it then so be it, as far as I am currently concerned, they are part of the problem, not the solution.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:00 am

Apparently, telling her everything she knew of the Head Girl was not satisfying the ignorant girl. She told the woman exactly where to go and it would not have been difficult to enter any building and ask a staff member for direction. But no, this woman wants to continue threatening her. It was as if this student was purposely burning bridges before even crossing them. Keep this attitude up and this red head will have no allies on an island full of monsters.

Kanoe had enough. She had a spell in mind for such an occasion. Despite how nonchalant she was about the well being of ordinary students, the witch had no interest in using her offensive spells on another student. Her magic or at least the so called force lightning Camryn thought was impossible was for trying to defeat the monsters and perhaps threaten a few staff members.

A few words from an unknown language quickly fell from her lips. She allowed her mana to flow outwards as she let her shadow darken and attach to Camryn's. "I already told you who and where to go to for such information. I have never met Dawn in person so leave me the hell alone!" With that she yanked her arm away from the woman just as the woman's shadow suddenly grabbed her ankles and trips her.

For someone who knew little to nothing about magic, it was doubtful the annoying red head would have expected her own shadow to suddenly trip her. The witch was not in a fighting stance. She merely took her arm back and proceeded to enter the dorms. "For a brat like you, I probably should not have bothered to help you. Thankless bitch.." Kanoe sighed, amazed on how much this one girl had annoyed her. It had been a long time since an ordinary student had done such a thing. Perhaps it was the overly aggressive nature of the red head or perhaps the fact the woman was too thick to think of asking a staff member or Head Girl before randomly asking strangers.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:39 am

I was expecting something, the trip was hardly the something I had in mind. I was able to catch myself, being a master martial artist like myself, it's rather easy. Maybe I shouldn't ask this person, obviously she isn't saying what she wanted to, or at least held back something. So maybe coming to this part of the campus was pointless. None of them are of much help, I think I can do so much easier just to find out things on my own then ask a much of students whom just isn't helpful at all. I'd prefer to find the truth on my own, even if it'll take me awhile. At least what I see with my own eyes will be the truth.

I should probably just let this go then, still what she did just now was rather interesting. Should probably read more into it when I am able to. For now though, I should move on. I closed my eyes, and arched my head back, letting out a large sigh. I ran my hands through my hair, with my eyes still closed, I said out loud, "Dawn...what were you doing here...what is this all about...?" I can't say I am not getting any where, but I am very close of not getting any where. Some leads here and there, but really I have gotten almost nothing from anyone. The only people that HAS said something was the Cheerleaders and Swim Team members. That I really expected they care for Dawn as much as Dawn cared for them. Everyone else just...doesn't care apparently.

Well, no point in staying in this place then, all of these students are just like the one I ran into, no help, pointless in talking to them, and divert your questions. I don't care what these people think of me, as long as my sister cares, and my actual friends back at home cares, that is all I care about. So which way I should go now? Or should I try and find some other building I am not too familiar with.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:39 am

The woman caught herself pretty well for an unknown attack. Perhaps the new student was another martial artist. Unfortunately it will take more than fancy moves or even magic for that matter to survive this school and this island. Seems the red headed woman decided to call it there and did not pursue her any further. Kanoe still did not understand the interrogations done by the woman. Dawn was a Head Girl as far as she knew so it should not be that hard to find her. That is assuming a monster did not take her or she somehow left campus. Some interesting questions that brought up. But the woman was far too focused on one single point to be bothered. She could only hope a monster takes a liking to her, a good sound fucking would put things in perspective for the annoying brat.

No longer hindered by Camryn, the witch returned to her room as planned. She took her time preparing tea and changing out of her uniform, taking the moments to help calm herself down. It was difficult to annoy Kanoe or send her over the top as she was one to ignore the students and continuing on her own matters. But that student went out of her way to even prevent that. Perhaps the woman really thought she knew something about a Head Girl. The witch knew much from her experience on the island. But specific powerless people, she tended to not have an eye or the time for them.

With tea prepared and dressed in her robes, Kanoe continued her studies in magic. She was not going to let one bad moment ruin the rest of her night.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Ok so my last little encounter with the students didn't go so well. Dawn has warned me on several occasions I should watch my temper around people I don't know. I still a bit steamed though, and I have only one way to calm myself down. I know this works, and it has always worked for me, so I tend to rely on it when I feel like I need to gather myself again. This place is as good as any to meditate. Grassy lawns, it is now pretty quiet, all the students have apparently gone back to class, or went to do something. Some are still left but they really aren't too many for me to have to worry about. So, yes I guess it is a good place to just, collect myself again.

I walked several paces to where a big tree happens to be, casting it's big shadow across the lawn. There was several ways to meditate, there is the passive way, or the other way as I like to call it. The "other" way tends to be martial arts style meditation, which is what I use. Since I am technically a martial arts master, I found the second way for me a lot easier. So without interrupting myself any longer, I got into position. I took a deep breath, and let go of the breath before spreading my legs apart, my left leg taking a small step, and letting my right leg, back up slightly. I took another deep breath, before closing my eyes, and cleared my head.

I lost track of time, as I usually tend to do during these sessions. Images filled my head, some were extremely disturbing. Some I never thought deeply about until now, was...Dawn assaulted on this campus...? Is that the reason why some of the students here seem so...on edge to discuss with me? Was my tactic of approaching them a bit out of line? What if most of the students here aren't the bad guys, but the prisoners and need help? The images I kept getting was students, naked, helpless, and even being raped apparently. I can't tell for sure, they are too fuzzy. The question is, if this is all true, why would anyone let this happen? Can't they fight back? Or do something? I'm sure Dawn would have tried, wouldn't she? Now I know I need to be even more cautious. I trust my instincts.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:31 am

As cliche as her black robes were, the soft fabric always felt good against her nude body. The dark witch always kept the room dimly lit with a few candles whenever she did not have guests. Kanoe always found it easier to manipulate darkness and shadow when there was much of it around her.

Kanoe sat at the table with various tomes and scrolls. Various journals were at her side as she scribbled down notes and points of interest found in her readings and translations. A small laptop computer was open, revealing a whole database worth of information about the arcane arts. This was her life right here, studying and working to become an even stronger witch. She had paid a high price for majority of these books and had paid the greatest price of all for the laptop though Natsuki called it a gift for her lover becoming a slave like her.

Sighing softly, she looked at the clock and then the door. Clarice must still be out dealing with demerits or perhaps Natsuki had decided she wanted some company. Seemed she will be eating for one for dinner later tonight.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

When I opened my eyes, the sun was starting to set, I lost track of time. I have actually NO clue what time it is now. I left my watch back at the dorm. Left in a hurry to see if I can find more about the campus. The students that had been sitting around aren't anymore, I guess they went back to the dorms. What can I do now...? It is still early for me, there are still much searching I can do, but now, I am basically going blind. Since I don't really know the campus that well yet. It is sort of late to ask for a guide after all, what to do. I sat down near the tree where I had been at apparently for the entire afternoon, crossed my legs and sighed. I guess... my best bet is to sit here, and wait until someone appears that can help me. Well, I can practice for the time being, I have been meditating for a bit too long I guess, need to stretch.

I got up, stretched out as much as I could before placing my palm against the large tree in front of me. "I'm sorry tree, if I hurt you in anyway, I am sorry.", I said quietly. I took my stance, taking a small step back, before using my palm and striking the large tree in front of me with my palm, making the large tree quake a bit. I started flowing through my stances, planting my foot down hard, then again striking the tree, this time hitting it with a combination of my fist, then quickly following it with striking the tree yet again with my shoulders, hitting a bit higher. I flowed through several more of my stances, before striking the tree again, this time softer, but with my knee, aiming where the person's thigh would be if the tree was a person. I have always thought of Piqua Quan as a very beautiful fighting technique. It's depends a great deal of flexibility on the practitioner, but thankfully, I have that. The moves are beautiful, but the attacks are heavy and sharp. And as the name says, if you understand Chinese, Piqua Quan rarely uses fists, as it is more palm, with circular motions, kind of like a windmill. The downward motion is called "Pi", and the upward motion is called "Qua". This style is often called Chopping Fist because of its emphasis on palm, and chopping fist techniques.

Dawn has sort of delved into this, learning but not mastering. I decided to dedicate my time to mastering this, and becoming one of the rare masters in this field in my age group. Of course I never really went into tournaments, but I have begun to teach other new students on this. I am still new to teaching but I was willing to teach people whom want to learn. I have to keep practicing until I am able to snatch someone coming out of the building to help me get where I need.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:31 am

Yawning softly, the witch looked at the clock to see she had been studying and translating nonstop for several hours now. Still no sign of her lover, she rose to her feet and went to the kitchen to make dinner. An annoyed 'tch' left her lips when she found the pantries and fridge practically empty. Perhaps she had grown a bit too used to her lover also being her servant. It would not be difficult to get more food but that would require traveling to the small shopping area on campus. That also meant changing back into her uniform, how troublesome.

Letting forth a long sigh, she slipped out of her robes and began putting back on the tight fitting uniform and skirt that was too short for her or anyone for that matter. Once dressed, Kanoe slipped out of her room and left the dorm for the campus mall. The sun was setting and the shadows of the trees grew longer as dusk began to take over. She knew she would have to hurry in order to avoid potential attacks. It was not just the witch looking for a meal on this island afterall.

A solid thud sounds through the air as branches of a large tree began to shimmer and sway as if it had been hit by a large force. The route to the mall was through a clearing with the large tree, bringing her closer to the sounds. She doubts it was a monster, most were not so obvious in their baiting techniques. Moving closer, she began to make out the student striking the tree. Kanoe's jaw clench as she recognized the woman from earlier today. Seems her luck was failing her yet again. At least it was not a monster. Shaking her head, she decided to not bother the woman and continued to make a path past her. There was no point in getting into another fight.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 pm

I was still practicing against the tree. The night time has rolled around, I was starting to lose hope that there was actually anyone left of that building on the side of me. I was thinking of just going back to the dorms before something on the right of my eye catches my attention. I stopped all I was doing when I see a student emerge from the building. And it is my luck, it was the girl I ran into before, the student that some how almost tripped me. I am not sure if she still hates me or something, but I guess if I can't get any more information out, I can just give up for today and go back. But first, I have to stop hitting the tree, so I do. I quickly examined the damage to the tree, and I wasn't too happy that I did do damage to the tree. So I bowed to the tree, and quietly said, "Forgive me."

I half trotted my way to the student whom I never did for a name. I had to speed up slightly because she was started to speed up, apparently away from me. I had to speak out as I got close to get her attention, "Excuse me. Wait a sec please." When I finally did catch up to her, I had to...well say sorry, that's what Dawn would have told me to do. "Look, I'm sorry about what happened before, I tend to forget my manners. I never did get a chance to ask for your name did I? I'm Camryn, Camryn Portman."

I hope that is enough. If not...well my fault.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 am

Kanoe was not interested in another conflict with a student. She certainly was not afraid of the woman. But conflict meant arguements which only led to more troublesome things. This was the sort of thing that gave reason for the witch to not socialize with others. Her choice in study and lifestyle did not make such social encounters much better. The island gave her mixed feelings about the other students after many encounters. As long as an encounter provided something of use, magical or perhaps in fighting the monsters, she was willing to bite the bullet and speak to certain people. Who knows, perhaps the person she speaks to would be tolerable.

This student was not one she particularly tolerated but the woman was persistent and quickly caught up with her. Kanoe sighed and stopped as she was called out to. Being the only other woman outside, it was obvious who this one wanted to speak to. Her eyes narrow slightly as the woman approached. At least the brat was not trying to grab her again.

This Camryn woman was already trying to correct the wrongs from before. It certainly was an improvement though harshly grabbing her arm was a bit more than just forgetting manners. The apology was nice but the witch already suspected that there was more to stopping her. Still, she will try to be polite even if this woman wanted something from her.

"Kanoe Shade," she replied calmly, "I am in the middle of something so if you wish you may walk with me, Camryn. I already told you what I know about your question earlier today. Did you speak to the other Head Girls or perhaps the main office?" The witch continued walked. She was in the middle of getting more food for the dorm. Kanoe would rather have this done soon before it became too dark.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next