View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Within the maw of madness, a different sort of [in]sane. 

Post Within the maw of madness, a different sort of [in]sane.
Background: The rain fell like needles driving into my skin. The chill meant nothing but a counterpoint to the fury that fuelled my flames. That the towering bulwark of Soth-Guardian stood holding me at arm's length by the throat, that my limbs hung limply from my body, battered and bleeding, seemed just an obstacle to overcome like any other. Never admit defeat. Never surrender. It matters not that the rain is not enough to scour the splattering of his alien seed from my flesh. Where there is life, there is violence, so that others more worthy of its embrace can have hope. For what is hope to the broken and damned but a curse? No, there is only the fury, the flame, and the blade. And the blade will never leave my hand, and the flame wraps around my body and drives back the rain. Strange that the Guardian shows no pain from holding me while i burn.

"Strange, how much you wield," he taunts me, he looks at me like i am less than nothing, my blade clatters harmlessly off his armoured skin. He twists me back and forth, looking not at me, but through me, or perhaps into me.

"i'm good at doing lots with little!" i try to kick him, aimed for one of the wounds i had managed to inflict, an aluminum ball full of home-brew thermite fucks up anybody. Doesn't work. He's big.

He laughs. The humor is lost on me. "There are plenty they could have used for this who would have been easier. I can see why they chose you."

My attempts at both bravado and wit are lost in a strangled gurgle of agony. His other hand has come around, slamming something metal into my stomach. It bites at my skin, clawing and pulling, but somehow i know it's more than my body it pulls at.

No fear. Not from creatures such as these here on the island. Rape has ever been my constant companion. Ravagement. Torment. i know them far better than i know myself. My whole life i have walked in their shadow. No fear...until now.

My scream seems to last forever as my fire flickers and fades. The Guardian throws me to the ground, but i do not fall. Still held aloft in his other hand, i watch my body fall. His other hand? He's trapped me in that device! Yet my body still holds my sword! Still moves! They've placed something else inside my body!"

"What the hell have you done to me?!" My voice screams from two places, only one of which has a throat.

He doesn't answer. He just starts walking away, the imposter they have placed in my flesh twitching on the ground, unable yet to rise. My rage boils over, and formless, bodiless, i lash out at the walls of my prison. My flame answers my call, though my blade does not, and i don't care about the agony that tears through my being as i strike at my confinement. There is no time! i have to escape and get my body back! It doesn't budge. It doesn't react at all except to hurt me.

The Guardian delivers me to the lab platform off the shores of the island. Been here before, never a pleasant experience. They were always better than the monsters at twisting me, turning my mind and body against itself. Not looking forward to what happens with only one of the two to work on.

Pain, mostly. Injected from the device into a larger container, i take on again my own shape, a spectre of myself, laughing as i stare through my own hands. There is none of the explanations, none of the taunting of when they held me in the flesh. Only chaos and pain, no enemy i can focus upon, no attacker i can resist.

Then the walls seem to close in on me, incredible, unbearable pressure, and the world moves.

Still a spectre, i am in a shape not my own, a whip in my hand, standing over HER, the impostor in my body laying upon a slab, painted silver from the neck down, and for some reason unmoving though i can see her making my muscles strain beneath my skin. My hand moves, and i start assaulting her with the whip, my emotions surging, my body lies before me! Drive out the impostor and it will be mine again!

Yet she only laughs. "The headmaster threatened it so many times...never thought he'd actually get you to do his dirty-work for him."

"What...what are you talking about?" i tried to bluff. Didn't really think it would work.

"You recognize me, why shouldn't i recognize you just because they tore us in half?"

"Liar! Imposter! Fake!" Each scream was a dozen, a thousand cuts of the whip that became the flame as the facade dropped away, staring into my own face as the fake that even claimed to be me when talking to me, burning and tearing and yet all the fake did was laugh.

"i want you back. We're not meant to be two."

It screamed, i screamed, and when the haze cleared from my eyes i was in the prison again. i could hear them talking, now. They who watched over my entombment. They spoke of exploiting my energy the most. Of using me as a shackle...to contain HER. Hmph. They left enough of me behind that their impostor was causing too much trouble while pretending to be me?

i had to get back. To escape, return to the dorm, who knew what the impostor might be doing let unopposed into the bed of the only people i had ever loved without me there to protect them?

It took so long, so very long before i found my chance. They were going to send me to some other experiment. In the moment of transmission i struck, throwing all i could muster at the hopefully weaker protections. It worked! i found myself floating in the air above the NICE Labs platform, i could see the island in the distance! With a thought i sent myself hurtling towards it, tonight i would reclaim myself! Tonight i would resume my place, my purpose!

Yet as i neared the campus, i felt myself growing weaker, crossing the forests, i knew i would be unable to defeat my impostor if i didn't somehow fix this.

A student wandered across my view. My senses had changed in this form, i could see she was bursting with some kind of energy that filled me with a relentless hunger. My thoughts recoiled, it was unthinkable! And yet...i could do no good if i did not reclaim my own flesh. And...i would not be like them. i would be tender, gentle, take no more than i must so that i could do what must be done!

And so upon her i fell. None but i heard her screams, nor heard them turn to moans, to muffled little whispers. And sated, her energy taken into me, i rose, now i was solid, now i was ready, now i could fight HER and purge my body of its intruder.

My room was no longer the same, it took hours to find the impostor and my sisters had moved to a larger room further up the building. No matter, standing outside the door of the 'resident adviser,' disgusting that the impostor had used my body to become part of what happens at this 'school,' that would change soon. It would all change.

That the door would slam open and the imposter would charge through it to slam me into the opposite wall was not what i had expected.

"When Mira came to accuse me of attacking her while on fire, i knew you wouldn't be far behind." Disgust? The impostor dared to be disgusted with me? i said nothing, snarling as i attacked.

We fought back and forth, each time i thought her beaten, she rallied stronger than before.

"You've betrayed me!" Hate filled my words.

Somehow she was calm. "Pardon? i betrayed what we fought for when i'm giving what comfort and hope i can, and you've become one of the monsters?"

"No! That...i haven't!"

"Mira's still here, you know. We know all about what you did to her. That wasn't 'protecting,' just to clarify."

Stunned and abhorred, i didn't resist as i felt the prison began to bite once more upon my incorporeal existence. And i heard my condemnation in my sister's voice.

"Is she gone, Kite?"

"Not yet, Ginny, but she's fading. Dunno if that actually means something."

"We still have plans in the morning, evil doppelganger attacks don't change that."

One last lunge tore from me, past whoever it was within my body, but the prison tore me back.

Even they, even my beloved sisters had forsaken me. Whatever portion remained within my flesh was Kite enough for them. And so what am i? If i am she and she is we, what part in life remains for me? It was not lowering myself to behave as a monster that drove me to madness. It was the single instant in which a few simple words turned love aside and i lunged at my sister in purest hate.

Blue flames darkened slowly to black. My screams and mad, gibbering laughter my only companions as i unleashed myself utterly upon my containment. No longer wishing to escape, no longer feeling the pain it drove into me, seeking only to exhaust whatever energy sustained me. Seeking only from this mummer's farce an ending.

Time passed, it must have. They brought her to the labs again and again. My only joy watching them place more shackles within her body from pieces stripped anew from my altered soul.

I didn't care. Every new dismemberment was pain removed from me and returned to the one with everything I wanted, everything I earned. Until memory itself was gone.

I existed railing against my prison for no reason other than that I always had. Time meant nothing. Pain meant nothing. Extra sic interius nil.

After an eternity of time which is no time at all, the prison was gone. Formless, my awareness found itself above a beach, looking at once in all directions, but focused upon a tower of light that dwindled one by one in the deepening darkness of night. Familiarity with something of before, yes, there was a before, which now is after, stirred an urge within me. Protect.

And with this urge, a hunger. A concept. Flesh. Knowledge. So many lay unknowing before me, unprotected. The hunger speaks, and I am once more given form. I look down at my hands, for hands they are. I know they are not the hands of before, though I know not what they once were, I know only that the black flame flows through my bone white fingers. Flows like tar. Flows like wine.

Rape has ever been my constant companion. Ravagement. Torment. I know them far better than I know myself.

I step once and then glide effortlessly towards my myriad intendeds. I come to you, my lovely ones, and I will envelop you in the protection of the Warm Dark.

[i hope it's obvious from here that her definition of 'protect' is not an especially normal or rational one, and a more reasonable term would be 'amorphously ravage']

Name: Warm Dark
Race: Spectral Entity
Type: hmm...disembodied psychosis?
Place of Birth: Shokushu University
Nationality: irrelevant
Height: variable, default roughly 5 feet
Weight: nil, simulated weight varies
Eye Color: none
Color: central female humanoid structure is hazy white, variable degree of transparency, surrounded by floating black flames varying in number and size.
Skin Texture: variable, usually slightly sticky and damp
Hair: in base form, appears long, matted, and stringy.
Hair Color: as body, hazy white
Body Build: shifter. In base state, extremely skinny, not-quite skeletal limbs, torso hidden under a tattered dress that hangs too loosely, but doesn't fall off.
Number of Tentacles: Variable depending on shifted state.
Fighting Style: chaotic omnimorph
Motivation: lust, and a twisted urge to 'protect the lovelies'
Psychological Profile: bugfuck.
Personality: speaks and acts with warmth and affection, and is by all appearances incomprehending of the fact that her victims consider her advances unpleasant and unwanted.
Sexual Oddities: myriad and prone to variance
Special Attributes: As she becomes tangible or not at will, the humanoid portion can be harmed, and easily, if surprised while tangible. While easily cut, it does not bleed, and will react with anger far more than pain.
Weaknesses: excessively bright light will dissolve its corporeality.
Miscellaneous: i seriously doubt that anyone still remembers either of my prior, absolutely disastrous attempts at playing a monster, and this is a very good thing. They moved from the dustbin of history to the incinerator of history and then the upper-atmosphere of history. Hoping an extra decade under my belt since then can help with that.

Soth-Guardian used with permission, his bits came from RPing that part of things back in the old IRC channel. After said RP, there were endless jokes about evil-energy-Kite becoming a monster character. Well, now she has.

Special Agent Delivery - An intensely customizible package

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:06 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Within the maw of madness, a different sort of [in]sane.
WOW! =D>

Very nice profile! I won't 'welcome' a long time player, but I love to see such imaginative monsters visiting the campus.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 am

Post Re: Within the maw of madness, a different sort of [in]sane.
I was just about thinking that I'd start my comment with the word "wow" when reading that. Though Spectre beat me to it. ... Whatever.

Wow. That story was far more comprehensible than just reading a profile would have been. I aplaud your efforts. Well. Um. Good luck~

Vikky Nyberg <--- My definitely defiled character. Going to get worse though...
Andramica + Hibernator <--- Sex-obsessed android and pet.
Squanian <--- Squidian squid of Squidiness. And tentacles. And giant teethed mouths.
Mica Sanders <--- Alien Huntress with a bounty on her hea- body.
Samantha, Narelle, Mayra and Eliza <--- Four friends who came to Shokushu together.

I shouldn't need to say that I can be PM'd into roleplay at places~

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]